Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2016 300F off someone and bike started fine when i checked it out. He delivered it to me and it started fine that evening.

I let it sit on the side of my house for a few days and I couldn’t start it. He came by and started it and idk wtf the issue was.

I went to start it today and same issue, which is this:

Key in, i hear the mechanics start because Killswitch is on.

Kickstand pulled up, bike in neutral, handles straight, hit the starter and nothing happens at all.

Anyone have some insight as to what it is? I tried pulling the clutch when i hit the starter and again nothing.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,899 Posts
I purchased a 2016 300F off someone and bike started fine when i checked it out. He delivered it to me and it started fine that evening.

I let it sit on the side of my house for a few days and I couldn’t start it. He came by and started it and idk wtf the issue was.

I went to start it today and same issue, which is this:

Key in, i hear the mechanics start because Killswitch is on.

Kickstand pulled up, bike in neutral, handles straight, hit the starter and nothing happens at all.

Anyone have some insight as to what it is? I tried pulling the clutch when i hit the starter and again nothing.
The only suggestion I can add is to "turn" the key once you "put it in" :grin

Any chance you could post a quick video of everything you're doing? Sounds to me like the start switch may not be contacting properly? And the kill switch is in the RUN position? It still may prime (if FI), but you never know. Everything you explained sounds right.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
The bike has Chinese aftermarket levers which are infamous for their quality control, or rather lack thereof. Are you certain the clutch lever is actually operating the clutch switch? You could pull the connector off the switch and temporarily link the connector with a short piece of wire to prove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts