Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I'm hunting for an engine from a cb400t or cm400 to fit on a project bike I have. I'm interested in any engine that will fit my cb400t frame, as I want to replace the 250t that's on it now.any leads appreciated. I'm in Australia so overseas freight may be an issue, I'll look into the cost and see how desperate I get I suppose :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi guys!

I'm hunting for an engine from a cb400t or cm400 to fit on a project bike I have. I'm interested in any engine that will fit my cb400t frame, as I want to replace the 250t that's on it now.any leads appreciated. I'm in Australia so overseas freight may be an issue, I'll look into the cost and see how desperate I get I suppose :)
The engine is very heavy - over 60kg I think - so freight from the US could be more than the bike is worth. If you could airfreight it for under US$500 I think you'd be doing very well.
You might get better value by rebuilding and improving the 250 engine you have now rather than spend money on another 30-year-old secondhand 400 engine that may not be in great condition anyway.
Do you know if the 400 topend will fit on the 250 bottom end?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts