Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Have a 2002 Honda hornet 900 and was looking at a power commander 3 just to smooth out the bottom end and maybe a littel bit more at the top end.

BUT i came across this:
DYNOPOWER PERFORMANCECHIP FOR HONDA CB 600 900 F HORNET - eBay Mod Chips, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 21-Feb-10 11:16:52 AEDST)

A dynopower chip, has anyone had experince with this??
By looks of the schematic it just fools the ECU sensors to give more fuel and retard timing. Does this actually work?

On the flip side has anyone fitted a power commander and did you tune it yourself or get it dynotuned? An aquaintance i ride with reckons he took a hand held laptop to tune teh PC3 on a ride one day and thats al the tuning it needs.

INFORMATION? COMMENTS? Go NUTS boys! Hit me with your knowledge

·
Registered
82 Posts
power commander yes go for it

that chip thing is best avoided.
there's 1000's of these things doing the rounds and all they do is tell the ecu its 2deg and that just makes the ecu think its freezing so dumps more fuel in and will eventually cause lots of probs like bore wash choked plugs misfires etc etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats pretty much what i thought those "chips" do!

Have you programmed a PC before? Is fitting and programming something that i could do (ie having some mechanical/electrical knowledge) or is best left to the professionals?

·
Registered
82 Posts
hi the power commander comes loaded with lots of maps.

you just Taylor it to your needs with can or full system etc with your lap top as supplied instructions are simple to follow.

its very easy and even puter dummies like me can do it:eyebrows:

if your not sure take the bike for a custom map (which will give the best result's) and you will have what feels like a new bike!!!!

or if you buy one from a good supplier they will install a map as per your bike and mods so it will be pretty good.

the one here is a uk market one but you this is the sort of seller id be looking for

Honda - Power Commander 3 - CBR125 - 600 - 900 - 1100 on eBay (end time 21-Feb-10 10:43:14 GMT)

hth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts