Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out the have any good set up for the New 1000rr 2006.
I am curently running in my new bike...I was out today crusing around when suddently past by Yams & Susuki's on a streach of 45min nonstop corners...I couldn't hold my self started pushing..I found the bike with a greater responce on the gas than my 2004 blade but base setting sucks....My Old blade had a few modifications with a suspesion set up from a track day in Jerez.When pushed hard it was like night and day....Has any body modified there 2006 bike setting for hard road riding or track with road tyres?

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Proper setup is always based on the rider's weight, riding position, preferences, etc., so you really have to play with the settings to get what is right for you. One thing most people seem to agree on is that you should increase the preload on the front. However, how much you need to increase it depends on your riding weight because preload should just be set to adjust the sag. Here is a link to an article on suspension setup that may help you: Sport Rider-Motorcycle sport bike Suspension Tuning Guide

PS: there's a nice discussion of setting sag by yourself here: http://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-discussion/47915-setting-sag-yourself.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts