Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i am new to this site so hello everybody.

If any one can help i would much apprciate it. i changed the oil filter on my 04 blade and it will not start now.
The bike turns over but will not fire up.

The fuel pump makes no noise when i turn the key? Is there a fuel pump fuse and relay and if so where is it on the bike?

Also i have been told about a tip over sensor, could i of tripped that out by misstake? the bike has never been dropped by the way.

If anyone can help i would be so greatful.

James hitchcox

uk

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
If you don't get a different answer in the next 24 hours, I'll have access to my service manual by then and will go through the troubleshooting section.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
The bike WILL try to start without the kill swtich being in the on position. you have to have the kill switch in the on position for the pump to prime.

Cycle the kill switch a few times to make sure you have it on.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Just pack the bike up and donate it to me. I think it might just be dead.

Definitely check the fuses.

How was the bike doing before the oil change? If it was running good I can't see an oil and filter change stopping that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the bike was running fine before i changed the oil???????????????

and no chance of donateing it to you. hahaha

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have exactly the same problem with my cbr900... have you tried to see if the spark plugs are sparking

i need advise to... i dont have a fuel pump on mine so i know it isnt that.
a way to test the fuel pump would be to try and hook it up to the battery. if it humms away then there is a problem in the circuit. all the fuses i no about are at the front but yiu may find the fuel pump will have one closer to it. maybe under the seat..

hope this helps

Jay

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
First thing the SM states when you turn the key and get no fuel pump "noise" is to inspect the fuel pump by measuring the voltage between the terminals. If there is battery voltage, check the main fuse (20A), sub fuse (10A), engine stop switch, fuel cutoff relay (relay box under left middle cowl), engine stop relay, bank angle sensor, and finally, ECM.

I could try to describe where the connector is to measure voltage but I don't think it would help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
did you unplug the tip over sensor,in the front fairing by mistake.that ussually will cause a no start with no fuel pump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats it i am a dumb ass i put the tip over sensor on the wrong way round. all is well and running fine. thanks for all your help . cwr 954 you are the man i bow to your supreme knowledge thanks so much i owe you a drink if we ever meet. hitcher

1 - 17 of 17 Posts