Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across some links on CBR1000RRA...just wanted to know if you guys can tell me anything about it because it isnt mentioned on the honda website...just google it..you'll see...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.total***************/photos/2010models/2010-Honda-CBR1000RRA.htm

That is the link. It talks of the following additional features:High-capacity 413-watt alternator,High-tech instrument display features tachometer, LCD readouts for speedometer, coolant temperature, odometer, two tripmeters and a clock, mpg and average fuel consumption. A low-fuel LED light and shift-indicator light is located above the LCD.Line-beam headlight features two-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design.
Redesigned licence stay for easy removal on track days.
Redesigned exhaust cover.
LED taillights for improved appearance.
Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
Lightweight maintenance-free battery.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the "A" in RRA certainly does not stand for ABS because that is listed as a separate variant on the website...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
And the "A" in RRA certainly does not stand for ABS because that is listed as a separate variant on the website...

A indicates the ABS-equipped model, just as it does on all the other ABS-equipped Honda's.
Ignore that site - the info is rarely correct as all those sites steal the same bad info from each other. The info is only there so they get lots of hits for their advertising.
Try Honda's website if you want actual data.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanks a lot! By the way...what is an alternator?
An alternator is a generator that produces alternating current instead of direct current.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
aham is right the A in RRA stands for 2010 model year RR9 was 2009 model year:thumb:
So, is the ABS model the RRAA?
So the ABS-equipped CBR600RA, CBR1000RA, ST1300A and the VFR800A from last year were 2010 models as well then I guess :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL!!!Thanks...can you tell me of the maintainence issues I should be aware of before getting myself one of these? And is the e-cushion a good option for its price?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
LOL!!!Thanks...can you tell me of the maintainence issues I should be aware of before getting myself one of these? And is the e-cushion a good option for its price?

It's a brand new bike so I don't know what maintenance issues would bother you.Download a workshop manual and have a look through the maintenance chapter for an idea of what is involved. It's the same as the '08/'09 1000RR.
What is an e-cushion?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
And purpose does a rear tire hugger serve?

It's a mudguard to stop debris from coming off the tyre onto the shock absorber and rest of the bike.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Either Im still hungover or lost any of reality but 1500 ahaha, right its a decent size model I presume, would be nice on my mantle-place

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Either Im still hungover or lost any of reality but 1500 ahaha, right its a decent size model I presume, would be nice on my mantle-place
I'd be amazed if you ever received anything at all at that price - clearly a scam. I thought the CBR1000RR was ridiculously expensive in India - like US$25,000 or more?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aah...I was being a little too optimistic about that I guess..because i have fallen in love with the 'Blade and my dad is in the army so there is absolutely no way that i can get a bike for $15k :(...guess I'll just have to wait 6-7 yrs now...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts