Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 1988 cbr 400 nc23 but sometimes it would start then sometimes it wouldnt start for a week, i think it may be the spark plugs or the ht leads? can anyone help me please?

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
:welcome: TwinAndEarth..

:hmm: When you say not starting do you mean not turning over or not firing..

If she's not turning over check the starter relay first..

If she's not firing check the plugs first... When I first got mine we had problems getting her to start.. We checked the plugs and they looked fine, but she still wouldn't start.. After getting a new set she started up no problem..

If that isn't the problem check the fuel is getting through ok.. Fuel pump and fuel pump relay..

There's one other thing I've found with mine.. She's not particularly fond of starting in the winter when she's been sat for a while in the cold..

If none of the above works give us another shout ok :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it turns over but sometimes wouldnt fire! but as today i had it started went for a ride for about 40 mins and it was perfect! and then i would start it every couple of hours and it would start fine! we shall see 2moro if it would start in the cold! hopefully it was just me not knowing what to do proply! thanks for the help tho :)

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Do you know when the plugs were last changed on your bike?

·
Registered
46 Posts
check all your cut out switches ,clutch ,stand,etc ones with poor elecric contacts will still work ,but reduce the spark at the plug when not used for some time and corrosion occurs. this gives weak spark when frst starting the bike after none use and floods the bike,giving your problem .:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the plus were changed febuary last year, but again today started first time again, i think the problem has fixed it self!

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
yes the plus were changed febuary last year, but again today started first time again, i think the problem has fixed it self!
If they have been in there a year I would think about changing them soon anyway..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I will be changing them soon, Im gonna book a service in Febuary! does anyone know how much a full service would cost on the honda? or what sorta prices i would be looking at? Thanks again!
Joe

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Yes I will be changing them soon, Im gonna book a service in Febuary! does anyone know how much a full service would cost on the honda? or what sorta prices i would be looking at? Thanks again!
Joe
I honestly have no idea, I service my bikes myself..

Ring a few of your local shops and they will be able to tell you.. :thumb: SSB paid almost £200 for his last full service at a shop on the blade, and that was about 3 years ago..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts