Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I know its not the norm for this site but its a great deal...
You should be well aware of the site rules by now Chase.
Do not post Ebay links.
Do post details and asking price.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be well aware of the site rules by now Chase.
Do not post Ebay links.
Do post details and asking price.
yes sorry bout that one did it in haste..we are selling it for a customer in need of some cash..it is lightly used and in almost brand new condition.
He is looking for 1200.00 obo out of it. Tryin to help the guy out so I posted it up for him. I put the ebay listing on for pictures purpose, cause I am horrible at linking them on here.

240 fat tire kit for the 03-07 600rr and the 04-07 1000rr may fit other years ask your local dealer. Comes with arm,all bearings,linkage,shock,adjusters for the chain,rear axel,axel nuts,RC Comp rear rim,Avon 240 tire,Vortex 43 tooth sprocket, and a chrome rear wave rotor. This kit retails for 3500.00. Again asking 1200.00 but open to offers.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had someone ask me that last night..the spar in the front of the swingarm is open on a 929/954 as opposed to a 600/1000rr, I am talking to our fabricator this morning to see what is involved to make it fit to a bike like yours, it maybe as simple as cutting the front and adding spacers, but I'm doubting it. Will post up later after we mic it on both style bikes, also I donot think the suspension set will work either. But...Honda in the past has been one of the easiest to modify without to much hair pulling.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had someone ask me that last night..the spar in the front of the swingarm is open on a 929/954 as opposed to a 600/1000rr, I am talking to our fabricator this morning to see what is involved to make it fit to a bike like yours, it maybe as simple as cutting the front and adding spacers, but I'm doubting it. Will post up later after we mic it on both style bikes, also I donot think the suspension set will work either. But...Honda in the past has been one of the easiest to modify without to much hair pulling.

Koo leme know what works out but I'm very interested.. I was looking at the same setup but wasn't lookin into spending 4500 on a fat tire kit...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Koo leme know what works out but I'm very interested.. I was looking at the same setup but wasn't lookin into spending 4500 on a fat tire kit...
making the swingarm fit wouldnt be a problem, it Def wont work because of how the linkage works, the top of the shock bolts up to the frame on a 929/954..this is dif on how it pivots off the top of the swingamr camber. Sorry, if I find a cheap set up for your bike I will let you know.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
making the swingarm fit wouldnt be a problem, it Def wont work because of how the linkage works, the top of the shock bolts up to the frame on a 929/954..this is dif on how it pivots off the top of the swingamr camber. Sorry, if I find a cheap set up for your bike I will let you know.
Is it required that you attach the shock to the frame though?
Why not simply leave it setup as it is on the 600/1000RR and just attach the linkages to the bottom of the frame bracket?
The Unit Prolink is a complete "suspension unit" that only attaches at two points, the swingarm pivot and the linkages under the pivot.
I have an '06 1000RR swingarm that I toyed with putting on my 929 but it's too long and heavy for my liking so I never went ahead with it.
Honda Unit Pro-Link Rear Suspension System

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know that it would require attaching the shock to the frame now that you have brought that up...it may work on a camber system as opposed to a direct bolt up...Bottom line is though..its alot of cheese to lay out to hack an arm up to try it only to find out it only worked in theory. I'm positive it bolts right up to a 600/1000rr...maybe a 929/954 if your crafty enough. For arguments sake may work on f4i or RC51...I'm not putting my neck on the chopping block for that one.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I dont know that it would require attaching the shock to the frame now that you have brought that up...it may work on a camber system as opposed to a direct bolt up...Bottom line is though..its alot of cheese to lay out to hack an arm up to try it only to find out it only worked in theory. I'm positive it bolts right up to a 600/1000rr...maybe a 929/954 if your crafty enough. For arguments sake may work on f4i or RC51...I'm not putting my neck on the chopping block for that one.
I agree :)
I'd suggest picking up an OEM 1000RR swingarm and try fitting that first.
I picked mine up for US$50 but it was thrown in with US$2500 worth of other parts I was buying off a member here.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Thanks, n really if u find a setup for my 929 I would definatly be interested...

Thanks again

[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.