Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new frame on my 2000 CBR 600 f4, long story short, I can't get this thing to turn over, I've narrowed it down to what I believe to be the starter relay switch next to the battery or the battery being complete junk (although I purchased it last year). I have bypassed the kickstand sensor, and the tip sensor appears to be fine. When I put a charger on the battery everything will come on, I can hear the fuel pump prime, but when I flip my start switch the relay makes ONE loud clunk and stops. I bridged the connection on the relay and the starter cranks. I don't think while doing this I'm getting a spark at the plugs because it still wont start (Or it could be because the battery is bad so the fuel pump isn't working because it's electric?) because when I move the jumper to the direct starter cable to give the starter juice, all the lights go out so would that mean it wouldn't be getting gas while cranking? Gah I'm going nuts. I'm pretty mechanically sound, so hit me.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I put a new frame on my 2000 CBR 600 f4, long story short, I can't get this thing to turn over, I've narrowed it down to what I believe to be the starter relay switch next to the battery or the battery being complete junk (although I purchased it last year). I have bypassed the kickstand sensor, and the tip sensor appears to be fine. When I put a charger on the battery everything will come on, I can hear the fuel pump prime, but when I flip my start switch the relay makes ONE loud clunk and stops. I bridged the connection on the relay and the starter cranks. I don't think while doing this I'm getting a spark at the plugs because it still wont start (Or it could be because the battery is bad so the fuel pump isn't working because it's electric?) because when I move the jumper to the direct starter cable to give the starter juice, all the lights go out so would that mean it wouldn't be getting gas while cranking? Gah I'm going nuts. I'm pretty mechanically sound, so hit me.
have you tried another battery on it to see if that helps? could be the starter relay if the battery is good. i would try another battery and see if it will fire up first. do you have any friends who would let you borrow their battery?? haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's alive! purring like a kitten, The plugs were the original on the bike, 27k miles later. Not only were they not firing anymore, but they were loosened somewhere down the line. I also replaced the battery with a gel for good measure.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i have seen posts about bad plugs ...alot latley ...after my run in with bad plugs ...... its almost the first place i start with any starting or performance problems ,easy to check ,easy to check ,so not alot of harm done if your wrong on changing them ,i picked up some fresh ngk's for around $ 6.00 each...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went through the 4 step process, air - fuel - compression - spark. Spark was the last thing I went through because to me it's the worst haha and low and behold 90% of all starting problems are spark related. gah

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I went through the 4 step process, air - fuel - compression - spark. Spark was the last thing I went through because to me it's the worst haha and low and behold 90% of all starting problems are spark related. gah
well glad to hear you got her fixed. nothing like knowing you figured it out yourself and fixed it. pretty good feeling eh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts