Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
This is my first post to the forum. I am from India.
I am planning to buy a pre-owned Honda motorcycle. I have two choices:
1. CBR 600 F4I 2002
2. Fireblade CBR 929 RR 2000
Both bikes are well maintained and less run. Price difference is also not much.
Now I am confused which one to buy. Could you please help me out with this.
Apart from Fireblade being a 1000CC which one is better?
My usage of bike is mainly touring and very less city biking.

I was not sure in which section this query should have been posted. Moderators could you please move this query in proper section?

Thanks in advance,
Anonymous

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
if you have been riding for a couple of years definitely go with the 929. as with the 600 you'll grow tired of the lack of power very fast. if you're still fairly new, stick with the 6.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
if you have been riding for a couple of years definitely go with the 929. as with the 600 you'll grow tired of the lack of power very fast. if you're still fairly new, stick with the 6.
Yes I have been riding for almost 7 years now but not the 1000CC ones, I have ridden 150, 250 and 600s.

Also pardon me for my ignorance but could anyone give the fuel efficiency figures for both the bikes?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mileage with F4i 45-49mpg.
If you get tired of 100bhp and about 430 lbs wet 10.7 sec 1/4 miles Top 152, You are very very jaded my friend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
More to the question .I think I would sit on both bikes and see what is more comfortable.
Also check with your insurance ,the difference from a 600cc bike and a liter bike can be absolutely huge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More to the question .I think I would sit on both bikes and see what is more comfortable.
Also check with your insurance ,the difference from a 600cc bike and a liter bike can be absolutely huge.
Very true. I am still zeroing in on which bike to pick up.
As far as Insurance is concerned I can get a liability insurance on the bike and not the full comprehensive one. So not much difference for me in this area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You mentioned you had plan on touring.If you are going to spend long periods of time on the bike ergonomics is critical . What feels comfortable for 45 minutes maybe torture for 450 miles.
Helibars makes adapters for both bikes and Spiegler for the F4i.
I have taken my F4i with the Spiegler handlebars on a 2000 mile trip and many 500 mile days with pretty good comfort.There are many companys that make soft saddlebags that can pack 2 weeks of cloth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts