Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I can find out tomorrow... There is a company making a dogbone with 2 mounting holes. I have seen it on an R6 and am 90% sure they make it for the Hondas. Ill see what I can find. I also know that an F3 shock mounts up perfect to an F4i and creates about an 1.5 in difference as well.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I think it was RaceTech that lowered the Motorcyclist magazine 600RR test bike for one of their height-challenged motojournalists.

Just remember, do unto the front as you would do unto the rear.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heavy-Dee said:
SO is upgrading huh?
Yeah, she likes the RR, but we were told there was no lowering kit for it. The F4i's seat is already over an inch lower than the RR, and there is supposedly a 2" lowering kit for it. It'll take that much to make it safe for her to ride.

Her current seat height is just under 30".

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Yep....

THE ONLY WAY TO LOWER YOUR CBR600RR.

This set of forks and shock have been professionally set up by GMD Computrack to lower the rear of a CBR 600RR 45mm (or roughly 1&3/4 inches) and the front 55mm.

My bike has less than 300 miles on it and is being transformed into a racebike. I may consider trading for a race shock. However, if not my loss will definately become your gain. If you want to lower your motorcycle for looks, drag racing, or for a shorter rider... DO IT THE RIGHT WAY, USE THIS SHOCK and FORKS!

I am willing to swap shock and forks with someone so that $600 doesnt go to waste.

If you have any questions feel free to

Blayne
469-338-1656

If you are serious "CALL" quick cause it wont last long... where else can you get professional lowering done for free?

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Lilith had her 600F4i shortened by the local Race Tech guy (Terry Haye) who has a good reputation here. She is about 5'2 and can now put both toes down to the balls of her feet. Still not a good idea for her to stop on a slope, but she can ride it well otherwise :) think it was dropped about 2 inches front and rear. It wa snot a kit though, it was suspension mods.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
ConqSoft said:
and there is supposedly a 2" lowering kit for it. It'll take that much to make it safe for her to ride.

Her current seat height is just under 30".
Wow! Short, AND with humongous bazoombas. Still savoring my screen saver... :D

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Yeah, she likes the RR, but we were told there was no lowering kit for it. The F4i's seat is already over an inch lower than the RR, and there is supposedly a 2" lowering kit for it. It'll take that much to make it safe for her to ride. Her current seat height is just under 30".
That kit is excellent. Easy to install. I will be getting the right spring for the rear soon as well.
No one makes lighter springs for the front than whats in there already. I raised the tubes 10mm.
Note: you must shorten the sidestand 1.25in when lowering the bike this much (especially the rear). Cut the section out above the heel tang. Fit bar stock of steel inside. If you fit it tightly enough, you dont even have to weld it (I did though).

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, we used the Diamond Powersports lowering link and everything went fine. Last night I got around to cutting the kickstand down, filling it with rebar and JB Weld, and putting it all back together. I was going to get it welded, but I don't think that's necessary. The rebar is in there TIGHT, and provides the support/stability. So the JB Weld should be enough to hold it together. Now I just have to sand, paint, and reinstall it.

CBRbob: Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, after looking at it again, we inadvertantly used the 3" drop hole instead of the 1" drop hole. So, the seat did drop about 3" in all. I stiffened up the rear pre-load 1 notch and its been fine. Hasn't touched down yet. After seeing her on it, the 1" wouldn't have been enough of a drop anyway. The guy at Diamond Powersports said that the 3" drop wasn't recommended unless it was going to be used at the drag strip because you would need to modify the fender/etc, but that wasn't the case. Works fine. Still need to drop the front end a bit to even it back out (once I borrow a stem stand; I only have the fork-lift stand) but it handles quite well as it is believe it or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great, thanks for the info. I've seen this link on ebay a few times and have considered getting it to convert my 600RR for my wife to ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got a 2004 Honda CBR 600 F4i a few months ago and it was lowered because the guy who had it was short. I am 6'3" and i like the way it rides. I am new to the sport so i really have nothing to compare it to. i have only been riding for 6 months now. it corners great in my opinion and i have had it up to 75 and it appears to be very stable. it lowered about 2". i read somewhere that it is not good to lower it because it changes the geometry and turning could be difficult but I have not encountered that, at least not yet. I also read that lowering it will prevent lift on the front end when taking off too quickly. Don't know much about that though. I am enjoying reading and learning a lot from this forum.
take care
louis

1 - 19 of 19 Posts