Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1989 cbr600. I had it running in january perfectly. I garaged it for 2 weeks due to bad weather. I went out to start it, but the battery was flat. I charged it up and tried starting it. It turns over but does not fire. I have since got a brand new battery. I have tested the fuel relay, and found that it did not work, so its been replaced. I have also fitted a new fuel pump and changed the regulator, and coils. The engine turns but i have no spark!!!!!:mad:

can anyone please help me?

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi, I have a 1989 cbr600. I had it running in january perfectly. I garaged it for 2 weeks due to bad weather. I went out to start it, but the battery was flat. I charged it up and tried starting it. It turns over but does not fire. I have since got a brand new battery. I have tested the fuel relay, and found that it did not work, so its been replaced. I have also fitted a new fuel pump and changed the regulator, and coils. The engine turns but i have no spark!!!!!:mad:

can anyone please help me?

thanks in advance

Bad kill switch perhaps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bladeracer: thanks for your reply. I have pulled the switch apart and cleaned it up. I seem to have got spark back, but i am not sure if it was the switch or if it was because I replaced the ignition pick up. Now its to get the fuel through the system.

Have you any tricks to get it through quickly, or is it just a case of being patient and keep cranking it?

Thanks in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts