Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully some one can help? Have a 1998 cbr 900 that will not run, but will start up. Usually I do the work for myself, but got to much other stuff going on. I tested the pic up and the ignition coils but not getting any fire, so decided to take to a service center and stupid heads kept it for 2 weeks and over 200 dollars and wasn't able to figure it out. Now theses people are suppose to be 25 yr veterans on motorcycle repair, ha yeah right, they did the same things I did. Lessoned learned, will take my time and figure it out myself. Hope someone can help thanks.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hopefully some one can help? Have a 1998 cbr 900 that will not run, but will start up. Usually I do the work for myself, but got to much other stuff going on. I tested the pic up and the ignition coils but not getting any fire, so decided to take to a service center and stupid heads kept it for 2 weeks and over 200 dollars and wasn't able to figure it out. Now theses people are suppose to be 25 yr veterans on motorcycle repair, ha yeah right, they did the same things I did. Lessoned learned, will take my time and figure it out myself. Hope someone can help thanks.

Clarify what you mean that it starts up but won't run.
You have checked at the spark plugs that there is no spark?
Has it been sitting a while?
Are you using fresh fuel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I turn the key on and it cranks over but will not run, and no it has not sat and has fresh fuel in it. Just quit firing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bet the repair shop you took it to is not a Honda factory dealer. The factory manual will walk you step by step to check all electrical components.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Weak or no spark could be:
Faulty spark plug
Fouled spark plug
Faulty ECM
Broken or shorted spark plug wire
Faulty ignition switch
Faulty ignition pulse generator
Faulty engine stop switch
Loose or disconnected ignition