Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone.

I desperately need to find out the detailed specs on the '99 fireblade carbs, such as air jet size, needle jet size, diaphragm spring length, number of pilot screw turns, etc Unfortunately, after hours and hours of googling it was impossible for me to find this info on the internet, so the fireblade community help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Greetings everyone.

I desperately need to find out the detailed specs on the '99 fireblade carbs, such as air jet size, needle jet size, diaphragm spring length, number of pilot screw turns, etc Unfortunately, after hours and hours of googling it was impossible for me to find this info on the internet, so the fireblade community help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Did you consider looking in the workshop manual?
I doubt spring length will be listed though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Greetings everyone.

Thanks in advance.
Mains= 120
slow jets= #40
pilot screws= 1 5/8 turns out unless it is a california bike then it is 2 turns out
needle jets= No.1,4: J5FH No.2,3: J5DD
needle jets if California bike= No.1,4:J5FA No.2,3: J5FC

Spring length is not given. I do know for a fact though that the 98-99 Slides are different from the 96-97 slides. So the springs are probably different to. I believe they were changed to allow the slides to raise quicker do to the improvements made to the 98-99 engine that allowed it to breath better through the mid range. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, sorry for being out for a while, I am very gratefull for the answers.

bladeracer, could you please tell me where can I get the workshoop manual from

roland5color
Thx for clarification, the info you've provided is very helpful. So, is there any way to know the spring length?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

roland5color
Thx for clarification, the info you've provided is very helpful. So, is there any way to know the spring length?

Thanks.
Helm do the OEM manual or Haynes. Ebay is a useful source.
Helm Incorporated: Choose Product Category
Or search online or Torrents if you want to download it.
The simplest way to find out the length would be to measure one.
I measure their lengths as well as their rates to confirm they're the same.
On a 250 last year I found that different springs were allowing one slide to fully open before the other even started to move.

·
Registered
434 Posts

roland5color

Thanks.
Just checked out some part numbers and the 98-99 was the only years that shared the same spring and slide parts. Previous years are different. So if you could have a friend with 98-99 maybe he or she would let you pull one of his springs and compare. Otherwise if you really feel that they are the wrong springs you could order them. They are $9.12 a piece. I would just make sure that the all the jets, needles and pilot screws are correct. Then as bladeracer has stated measure all the springs to make sure they are the same length and rate and put them back in. Then take it for a few runs. If the bike still doesn't feel right then it is easy enough to pull the springs out and replace them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts