Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks nice that, I'm going to cut my front mud guard to mimic an early model, I think it looks cleaner than the later models plus its a bloody pain to get on and off how many bolts lol

That looks really nice I like the rear track unit, I'm going front race unit (well fibre glassing mine) It cracked when the bike was dropped and even though it was repaired it got slightly worse, so time to get ride of the lights :)

I should have more pics tonight, the forks are in the paint was still little tacky so ill wait till 4ish to assemble the wheel and brakes etc

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
Thank you, I also have a 99 track bike that has 95-97 race body on it. It had a chunk of engine case missing from a crash on the stator side. It obliterated the case cover and the case. I had to have it welded, and saved it. It has some cool bits on it.

Looking forward to your progress Liam (y)

·
7,636 Posts
So there is long list of goodies, I deleted all the OEM road legal wires etc from the harness, Scotts damper, Brembo Master Cylinder, 17" F3 front rim, 1100XX discs, RC51 calipers, Driven clip on's, Attack rear sets, gear position indicator, RC51SP1 6" rear rim, Penske triple clicker rear shock, Sharkskinz fiberglass body, Factory AirBox Plus jet kit, DID 520 ERV3 chain, nd a Micron/TBR hybrid exhaust lol The front end only has RaceTech 1.0 springs, fresh seals, and fresh fluid.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That is stunning mate what is the front mud guard off?

As promised I’ve got the bike back on the ground again, just need an exhaust now, so nice to see it back on the ground again.

2D82CCCA-DF7E-4375-90D8-023C186D1AD9.jpeg
45A2B918-7E4D-499C-9A98-92646B5B8954.jpeg
04AA69A3-9837-43E2-81D3-D0C056A74D1E.jpeg

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a couple of questions 😂

Looking through my note book before bumble bee was put away I was having issues with the clutch sticking when warm, so I’m going to change it out, what are you guys running?

Also I’ve had 3 clutch cables on it all are way to long and run far outside of adjustment top and bottom.

Any cables you guys know of that are OEM fitment?

·
7,636 Posts
I have a couple of questions 😂

Looking through my note book before bumble bee was put away I was having issues with the clutch sticking when warm, so I’m going to change it out, what are you guys running?

Also I’ve had 3 clutch cables on it all are way to long and run far outside of adjustment top and bottom.

Any cables you guys know of that are OEM fitment?
I use OEM cables, but have learned recently that have become discontinued for some models. I would try Motion Pro, if they are available across the pond.

I have run Barnett Kevlar kits in all of my 900's with ZERO complaints

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I don’t think the load on the mount will be an issue due to the direction of travel, most of the load will be on the forward facing and shorter mount this shouldn’t be any more than previous. The braking force may have increased but the rotational mass hasn't. That being said they are cable of locking the wheel up a lot quicker than stock but in that instance snapping a bracket would be the least of my issues as I’ll be flying through the air face first 😂

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I use OEM cables, but have learned recently that have become discontinued for some models. I would try Motion Pro, if they are available across the pond.

I have run Barnett Kevlar kits in all of my 900's with ZERO complaints View attachment 106876 .
Yeah I couldn’t get a OEM zone last time so tried 3 all to long having to use spacers is never a good idea haha

I’ll sort the clutch out once and exhaust is fitted always better to fix one thing at a time haha

Exhaust then ajust the carb Jetting get it runninrg right and sort the clutch.

I just want to ride it already

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
. . . The braking force may have increased but the rotational mass hasn't. . .
It is more scientific than mere 'rotational mass'. :)

Agreed that the rotational mass is the same, BUT the 2 extra pots generate 50% added frictional forces that are not perpendicular to the mount. The stresses will be directed to the upper mount because the lower mount will serve as a 'hinge' being centralised to the vertical force. Of note, the majority of that force is below that lower mounting point.

Purely academic, you might think, but just remember me when you're flying through the air! :)(y)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It is more scientific than mere 'rotational mass'. :)

Agreed that the rotational mass is the same, BUT the 2 extra pots generate 50% added frictional forces that are not perpendicular to the mount. The stresses will be directed to the upper mount because the lower mount will serve as a 'hinge' being centralised to the vertical force. Of note, the majority of that force is below that lower mounting point.

Purely academic, you might think, but just remember me when you're flying through the air! :)(y)

I’m a a mechanical design engineer bud I understand the academics :) but it’s always nice to have someone who thinks past aesthetics 👊

As for flying through the air let’s hope that doesn’t happen 😂

For some reason the dude with the exhaust isn’t getting back to me with a price 😭 looks like I’ll have to go back to the drawing bored 😂

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
. . . For some reason the dude with the exhaust isn’t getting back to me with a price 😭 looks like I’ll have to go back to the drawing bored 😂
Shame about that. I've also found that for some, shipping internationally just seems too much effort. Haven't a clue why, we still have to wrap and pack and go to the post office or engage courier. Hopefully, something UK-based will turn up. With most staying at home in isolation, there might be a bit of garage and loft clear outs happening soon! (y)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Shame about that. I've also found that for some, shipping internationally just seems too much effort. Haven't a clue why, we still have to wrap and pack and go to the post office or engage courier. Hopefully, something UK-based will turn up. With most staying at home in isolation, there might be a bit of garage and loft clear outs happening soon! (y)

I’m hoping so Nigel, I don’t really want a cheapo one on again the last one was sleeved and poorly welded fins in the exhaust that shattered after a year was a total waste of money.

The black widow headers look nice on eBay but who knows how long they’ll last.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just stumbled on to this thread, great work Liam, really nice bike. My friend owns an identical bike which he’s had from new, less than 5000 miles on the clock!
5k wow mines had 38k last time is was on a dyno it still ran 112bhp though so healthy 😂 other than the clutch issues

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So a little update, I’ve had a day off today so got round to bleeding the brakes and I must say they feel great! Flushed the rears while I was there too 😂
C4D8E75F-0ABD-4541-8BE3-19200C6E4994.jpeg

While I was there I took my little truck for a spin round the block to free up the brakes..

90B57FDF-D49E-4187-92BB-03D9661615EA.jpeg

I then got back to searching for an exhaust and guess what.... I found one, it’s all payed for and should be here’s soon only downside it isn’t an erion it’s a two brothers but stunning none the less.

57639FA3-AF68-4984-8167-10E31B337F48.jpeg

Needs a quick clean but nothing some elbow grease won’t fix!

21 - 40 of 84 Posts