Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I then got back to searching for an exhaust and guess what.... I found one, it’s all payed for and should be here’s soon only downside it isn’t an erion it’s a two brothers but stunning none the less.
Same thing different label.

Two Brothers was founded by Craig and Kevin Erion. A dispute many years ago saw Kevin leave the business.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Same thing different label.

Two Brothers was founded by Craig and Kevin Erion. A dispute many years ago saw Kevin leave the business.
For £300 delivered I can’t complain. I’ll stick it on my polishing wheel and it will look like new 😂 then if a erion pops up I’ll sell this... I do prefer the headers on the erion but we’ll see

·
Registered
17 Posts
So there is long list of goodies, I deleted all the OEM road legal wires etc from the harness, Scotts damper, Brembo Master Cylinder, 17" F3 front rim, 1100XX discs, RC51 calipers, Driven clip on's, Attack rear sets, gear position indicator, RC51SP1 6" rear rim, Penske triple clicker rear shock, Sharkskinz fiberglass body, Factory AirBox Plus jet kit, DID 520 ERV3 chain, nd a Micron/TBR hybrid exhaust lol The front end only has RaceTech 1.0 springs, fresh seals, and fresh fluid.

View attachment 106855 View attachment 106856 View attachment 106857 View attachment 106858
Man that thing looks like it would be so much fun on the track.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
Thanks, It would be very fun in the hands of someone more capable than me.........Well, even flogging around at 4k at the handful of track days I've done is still loads of fun ;) .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
quick jetting question for you guys.

I've currently got 118 fitted to mine with one spacer on the needles I was thinking that 120 would be a good starting point for the two brothers system.

What are you guys currently running? I've ordered x 120 to 125 that should be enough shouldn't it?

Info

2 brothers system
stock filter currently but will be replaced with pipe cross,
Current jetting 118
Location UK

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
or should I go the hole hog and do the "viking MOD" and fit 140s?

Any of you have experience of both doing the MOD and ride-ability? Seems to have really good review but then the odd one states it caused endless issues.

·
7,636 Posts
quick jetting question for you guys.

I've currently got 118 fitted to mine with one spacer on the needles I was thinking that 120 would be a good starting point for the two brothers system.

What are you guys currently running? I've ordered x 120 to 125 that should be enough shouldn't it?

Info

2 brothers system
stock filter currently but will be replaced with pipe cross,
Current jetting 118
Location UK
I did the Air Box Plus kit from Factory on my track bike, which is similar to doing the Viking Mod.

I have the 140's, adjustable needles and 42 (I think) slow jets

It starts, runs and drives brilliantly. Rips too lol

I would do the 120's with an air filter and the TBR exhaust.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I did the Air Box Plus kit from Factory on my track bike, which is similar to doing the Viking Mod.

I have the 140's, adjustable needles and 42 (I think) slow jets

It starts, runs and drives brilliantly. Rips too lol

I would do the 120's with an air filter and the TBR exhaust.

View attachment 106906 View attachment 106907 View attachment 106908 View attachment 106909 View attachment 106910
Your track bikes just getting better and better 😍

I was looking at them they seem to have really good reviews. The price seems steep though for two uni filters and some jets (£200GBP +) . Is there anything else to the kit? You recon if I bought some jets, added more washers and clipped the spring along with two UNI filters it would be similar?

Did you have to raise the tank at all?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So I got bored today and decided to take the carbs back off ready for jetting, think I’m going to go factory pro style over the Viking mod.

96885A29-35FE-47BD-9DFD-1A7D12BCEFBA.jpeg

190B06C1-6ADD-4430-9DE5-4DDD6F0D7B5D.jpeg

As that’s all I can do for now I pulled out the Dremal and went to town on the old fender 😂

It will need sanding to smooth out the edges then painting but I think it looks good!

ECCC3CA6-169E-44C4-89F9-8294AC7CBE74.jpeg

What do you think?

1BCCA77C-65E4-49B5-A4FD-46ED0F5C51D0.jpeg

Well that’s it for now till the exhaust comes and/or the jets

·
7,636 Posts
Your track bikes just getting better and better 😍

I was looking at them they seem to have really good reviews. The price seems steep though for two uni filters and some jets (£200GBP +) . Is there anything else to the kit? You recon if I bought some jets, added more washers and clipped the spring along with two UNI filters it would be similar?

Did you have to raise the tank at all?
The kit is expensive no doubt, but comes with everything you need to do the mod. Because the filter is out of the equation, they even give you a specifically cut gasket to seal the air-box. I will say that it's not perfect, but it does the job. The filters fit great, and the fully adjustable needles are nice. It, like all other Factory kits, comes with a tech sheet and typical set up suggestions. The air box keeps the original profile, so no raising of the tank is necessary.

I will add that ;) they are becoming RARE, just like everything else for these bikes

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks bud I think it looks good ;) I liked the look of yours so just freehanded it with you pic up 😂

As for the factory pro, if it just jets and a gasket and jets I can get jets for couple of pound and get UNI filters (I used them on my old motorcross bike) I can clip the spring and add washers all adds up to around £60 or $80 which is more than half price once you factor in import cost etc

·
7,636 Posts
I did that exact thing to my original 93 pictured here, as I already had all the jets and adjustable needles. 1024cc, Carillo rods, custom 5mm over Weisco's, etc, etc, etc :LOL: from a previous standard Factory jet kit. I bought similar Uni-Filters, made my own gasket, and bought the larger jets right from Honda. It's cheaper, with the same result for sure. For the track bike, I felt a genuine kit would be proper, and I wanted the spec sheet as well, which I can find and post for you (y)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I did that exact thing to my original 93 pictured here, as I already had all the jets and adjustable needles. 1024cc, Carillo rods, custom 5mm over Weisco's, etc, etc, etc :LOL: from a previous standard Factory jet kit. I bought similar Uni-Filters, made my own gasket, and bought the larger jets right from Honda. It's cheaper, with the same result for sure. For the track bike, I felt a genuine kit would be proper, and I wanted the spec sheet as well, which I can find and post for you (y)

View attachment 106926
That would be amazing, would I need to drill anything like the Viking mod or just add washers and chop the spring?

As for jets I’ll start with the 140s and stock 40s and see how that rides. What you use for a gasket? Gasket maker?

·
7,636 Posts
Wow that a lot of work what power was it putting out? How was the ride?
That was circa 1996, It had 130HP at the wheel on stock carbs. It was AMAZING. Fox shock with specially designed triangles in the rear, and the front was set up by LE (Lindemann), a well known race suspension company. Give this a look. Yep, that's me. We had a 9 turn track at an abandoned retail lot. LOADS OF FUN back in the day.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts