Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
This has me intrigued.

To save me reading reams of pages, is the objective merely better intake airflow? (which should equate to better performance I realise).
Indeed, with some having great results.

Although the Viking Mod and Factory Pro mod are very different in terms of filtration and airbox work. They do however share the same settings for the initial carb setup.

The Viking MOD also relies on you lifting the tank a couple of mill, intern allowing more air to reach the filter.

The Factory pro kit doesn't rely on increased volume of air instead opting for a less restrictive route from box to engine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
So the bike is now running and started first time, tuning and balancing will have to wait till the exhaust comes ?

B048B95D-4DE8-48D6-B4AC-5DEE7CDD22F8.jpeg

Quick question regarding FCR39’s and TPS. I’ve found a set minus TPS could these be made to run without issue? Maybe use a earlier bikes CDI?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
With the amount of tuning you'll need to do with the FCR's, the TPS won't amount to a hill of beans. How much for the FCR's? And you better do it quick, I've been drooling for a set of those for YEARS!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hi guys little update, I couldn't get the guy down enough to make the carbs worthwhile (YET) so I'm now moving onto rear shock.

I've seen that the ohlins shock from RSV1000 fits but what years? does the RSV4 shock also fit?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Little update,so the front cowl is fitted however as everywhere is shut finding the paint is proving difficult ? so it will have to wait till everything else is done. ?? On a plus not I did mount it back onto the bike.
419048E7-BBC1-4FF5-8188-6563ADDA0D53.jpeg

As the blade project is delayed now till the exhaust comes or the lockdown is lifted I’ve decided to take the bed off the truck and prep/paint the chassis and underbody.
8BF98038-8B20-4AAA-9E7E-0010D17B299D.jpeg

I have a week of next week so hopefully get both done in that time, if the exhaust and paint comes that is and the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Ooh! I have my eye on a nice example of your model. Not my favoured colour of black yellow ('96 model) but very close. Low mileage one owner is always a winner for me.

Have also had my eye on this Tiger, but at nearly 50,000 miles it's too dear.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Looks good Nigel, I have to say I love the yellow and purple but i'm biassed. I've never really liked the urban tiger dont get what all the fuss is about I do however like the white, red blue/purple.

I'm currently throwing min bids all over the shot haha

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Looks great. You can’t have too many bikes
True. I always have a fear of settling for 'second best' because invariably the perfect opportunity will front itself merely weeks after the commitment.

Well, erm, that was certainly the case with marriage!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
So over managed to score some Gilles clip-on for cheap on my low ball rampage! I’ll see which fit/feel better out of them and Harris.

9DB75544-6AC7-46C7-806A-48501879E2B7.jpeg

Can’t wait to get this bike moving again! I’ve asked a couple of aprillia guys for the measurement of there ohlins shock hopefully they fit and I can update the rear, while keeping the stock looks. If not I’ll go full conversion like Lambchops and chop the bike to bits ? welder and angle grinder at the ready..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
^^^

Was a good post - until you got to the angle grinder and welder bit!! :D(y)

Haha I don’t really want to as then the TBH is pointless lol, if I do I’ll be looking for a early blade to keep stock and to but good parts on ?

81 - 100 of 122 Posts