Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
got kiddy yesterday and lifted the bed of the truck, I was going to put it in the back yard and use it as a pool but it wouldnt fit through the door haha

I'm going to spend the next couple of days grinding it all back and repairing what needs repairing, then protect and paint :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Hope you might also get inspired to do something with that 'alleged' wiring loom!!:eek:(y)
Don't get me started on the wiring Nigel it's a mess, I've chopped most of the snap locks so it will be better once put back together.

You should see the front :mad: It's had spot lights in the past that I removed, some of the wiring is still there.

Some people shouldn't work on there own stuff!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Sorry for the lack of update Guys, I've had nothing but issues with the exhaust!! on a plus note its finally out of the UK and now in Japan!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Yeah japan don’t ask, it’s hit the UK now finally! Now it’s just a waiting game for customs.

On another note does anyone know what the clamp is called that attached to the front mud gaurg and to the front brake line (one on each side) I’ve lost one and don’t fancy a ruptured break line haha

I can’t seem to find one anywhere and all the engineer drawing don’t give a product number.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Just use 'P' clips:
View attachment 107443
As used on my 2011:
View attachment 107444

Legend Nigel they will do, ive been making my hand silly sore polishing my motorcross rim all evening! Hard graft I tell you l.

1148949C-5E87-4D12-81BA-C9FEE0CA8EF6.jpeg

The chrome wheel looks so much cleaner than a ghetto spray painted rim in my opinion.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
So little update..

I had a couple of issues getting the thing to run with everything tightened up but it’s now running not running well, but we’ll get there. The carb are out slightly at idle but I’ve had enough of it for today 😂

I also came across an oil leak coming from the clutch case, quick gasket change and we’re all good.

Pics below...

11062D22-A61C-4A6D-8F79-033E6F967E49.jpeg

Rear

6FD57FDF-96CD-436C-89D7-843994BAEF9F.jpeg

MOT is set for Tuesday let’s hope it passes and we can get some seat time and get it dialled in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Guys is there a base settting for the idle, I don’t mean 1200rpm I mean like two turns out from idle etc?

I’ve had to use the idle mob to get it running nice at idle but don’t want to use it as a bandage.

The bike idles nice at 1100 now but hold revs slightly in the return so I’m leaning toward it being a little lean, so I’ll riches it up half a turn but wanna check it’s actually right with the idle nob if you get me.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
There are baseline settings, but as it’s 0827 here in the states and I’m a working man on Mother’s Day, I’ll have to get back to you with the settings. I thought it might be 3 turns out for UK 9’s. I can get back to you on that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Quick update, MOT was a success passed with flying colours haha.

I took it for a quick spin then put some paint on the front end so i dpnt get pulled all the time haha

899ED661-FC81-46B2-98B6-4730B23B5453.jpeg

And with some colour.

86CC5B05-6C27-4A11-A291-BC3C68F59711.jpeg

I need to go over it again but I’m getting my garage roof done tomorrow so it will have to wait

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
How do you pass MOT with no headlight? Just curious, as I don’t know everything involved in an MOT.
The MOT is for any vehicle on the road, it’s mainly there to make sure vehicles are road worthy.

It test things like brakes, tires, lights, check for rust and structural damage, they also check bearings and bushings etc

As for running no lights, in the UK you can run a motorbike with nothing but a horn, reg plate rear reflector as long as they were not in place. So if I had the light in situ but they were faulty it would fail remove said lights and it will pass.

It does however limit the bikes use to daytime only.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The MOT is for any vehicle on the road, it’s mainly there to make sure vehicles are road worthy.

It test things like brakes, tires, lights, check for rust and structural damage, they also check bearings and bushings etc

As for running no lights, in the UK you can run a motorbike with nothing but a horn, reg plate rear reflector as long as they were not in place. So if I had the light in situ but they were faulty it would fail remove said lights and it will pass.

It does however limit the bikes use to daytime only.
omfg good info, I wish we had that

no noise levels?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
omfg good info, I wish we had that

no noise levels?

There is noise limits but I’ve never hit reached them, the police on the other hand are a different ball game altogether haha

So I took the bike out today, first trip lasted all of 15min before I got hit in the face by a small starling!

Bounce of my face and got stuck in my fairing>

E4301295-70B0-4B59-8639-61145D84DC17.jpeg

It was still breathing when I pulled it out, so I rode home with it in Munich glove to try and save it.

A84450EF-EDC5-452F-9FE4-F142D1C3B8BE.jpeg

Tweetie pie didn’t make it, he/she will be getting buried tonight.

Attempt 2 was in the evening, all was well till half way through the ride 20miles or so, the cam chain came loose (Manual) I had to hand tighten it to get home haha

Here a picture from snakes pass.

3CCB570E-66A1-4668-9F8C-AA3CE2C54BFB.jpeg

101 - 120 of 122 Posts