Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
So I’ve been out on the bike today after sorting out the CCT and the oil leak is still there 😂

I’m now thinking it’s from the CCT not the clutch case😭

B808D80A-79B4-4E1F-B87E-1881D5CCE12B.jpeg

Took my mate over snakes pass he’s never done it before, so it was a slow one!

10F72D8F-9318-44E0-910E-83DA5BDF5BEF.jpeg

Now time to look for the oil leak 😂

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
So little update I’m havinf loads of issues with parts coming loose on the blade since changing the gearing and wanted to ask your advice.

With a Renthal front sprocket do you place it large collar toward engine or away, I think this could be the issue.

It’s currently on large collar facing toward the engine but I couldn’t find no instructions and like for like with original they where completely different

1FF688A6-3889-4702-91D9-2FCA87289CAA.jpeg

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,222 Posts
It shouldn’t make a difference. I had to flip mine so it pushes the sprocket out more to match the RC51 rim I put on, so I think the tased area is supposed to be out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Do you think an over tighten cam chain would cause extra vibration?

It might just be the gearing but it’s every ride! I’ll swap the cog over and see how that fairs ignore not I’ll locktite every bloody bolt but I would rather find the issue.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,222 Posts
Hmmmm, I don’t think the cam chain would rattle bolts loose. It just seems weird, especially if it’s your sprocket bolt coming loose. I guess I should check mine 😂

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Hmmmm, I don’t think the cam chain would rattle bolts loose. It just seems weird, especially if it’s your sprocket bolt coming loose. I guess I should check mine 😂
So far I’ve had the brake calliper foment loose, rear fairing, cam chain tensioner, steering dampener, front fairing stay...

All were torqued up before they came loose lol

This was yesterday

91ED829E-758B-477B-9278-3810FEC780D2.jpeg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Hi Guys

Sorry for the lack of updates on the blade, I had an unfortunate off on the blade.

The off was due to a scaffolding clamp punching the rear wheel which in turn smashed the carbon rear mud guard and deflated the tire instantly.

I was mid corner and as you can imagine a flat tire isn't the best at handling :)

It tried to highside so I ended up on the tank, left the road up a huge curb and through some railings luckily the bike landed on me so damage was minimal.

Damage:

Forks bent
Rear hugger destroyed

I was pretty pi$$ed as you can imagine but managed to ride 7miles home with a flat rear tire, then left it out in the rain in a strop haha

Damage:

Forks bent
Rear hugger destroyed

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Sorry to hear that Liam ,hope your OK , but sorry cant help.(y)
I was fine other than really really annoyed, was such a good day too, I'd finally got it feeling somewhat ok after all the issues.

Here the picture I took from the first half of the journey :cry:

It looked so good

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
on another note, i have made some progress on the wifes GS500, it looks somwaht good now after all the welding :)

Subframe chopped and replaced, all electrics moved to under the seat open carbs, DRL headlight off a jeep, will be going Triumph green eventually

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
New tires have come today so it should be rolling by the weekend.

I'll then be able to assess it better, still need some forks but ive managed to straighten them with some ratchet straps and imagination till replacements come :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
So I've had the bike out a couple of times 4 in total and all was running well till yestday.

The heat wave had a strange effect on the bike, when starting after a run it would act like it had no fuel took a good rev to get it going then it missed for a couple of seconds.

The revs weren't slow so I don't know if it the regulater sounds to me more like a vacuum issue or peacock issue but I don't know why the heat would effect it?

Going to take the tank of and give everything q clean check for an break Inn the vac lines then maybe take the peacock apart and inspect it for any issues.

Any advice feel free to reach out 🙏

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
With the heat , could it of been causing a vacuum in the tank and not allowing the fuel to flow out, try petrol cap release on your next run and see if you get that hiss

121 - 140 of 146 Posts