Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
With the heat , could it of been causing a vacuum in the tank and not allowing the fuel to flow out, try petrol cap release on your next run and see if you get that hiss
I did and this worked thank you, list of things to do this year are rear shock it is all but toast now 😂😂😂

Every hard corner I go to the rear wheel spins up 🥺

Also thinking of going sc28 from end 😜

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Sounds like its dipping too much in the front, have you altered wheel size front, or rear already too high, is there a spacer in the rear shock, have you tried measuring up Sag and Rebound ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Sounds like its dipping too much in the front, have you altered wheel size front, or rear already too high, is there a spacer in the rear shock, have you tried measuring up Sag and Rebound ;)
Love the knowledge MRpickwick I run a stock wheel and tire set up

The blade very bouncy/hard on the rear almost like a BOGO stick.

The settings I have are:

I run the track settings and have done since I've had the bike, I haven't measured sag tbh I just ran these and hoped for the best I've tried making the rear softer and it's just very wallowy.

The bikes done 38k so I assume the rear shock is prob well past servicble condition but open to suggestions 😊

The plan this winter is to get a rsv1000 ohlins shock and matr it with the 954 forks

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
May be the way to go with a good rear Shock, only reason I asked is that I helped a mate on his Bird , he thought a good idea to lift the rear shock by putting in a spacer, trouble he had then with heavy braking was the rear end lifted from the road and made the bike squirm into a corner, we removed the spacer set the shock and set Sag and Rebound, it was a different bike to ride ,rear stayed on the ground, lucky enough he was a tall lad so nobody had been messing with the ride height, always easier to have someone help doing the Sag and Rebound(y)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
May be the way to go with a good rear Shock, only reason I asked is that I helped a mate on his Bird , he thought a good idea to lift the rear shock by putting in a spacer, trouble he had then with heavy braking was the rear end lifted from the road and made the bike squirm into a corner, we removed the spacer set the shock and set Sag and Rebound, it was a different bike to ride ,rear stayed on the ground, lucky enough he was a tall lad so nobody had been messing with the ride height, always easier to have someone help doing the Sag and Rebound(y)

Yeah it not really squirming just loosing traction I think cause it's so hard any bump is lifting the rear like you mentioned them it's spinning up.

As most of the roads near me are bumpy it's happening more and more, while it great fun I really don't have the skill to be backing a bike into corners 😂😂

141 - 146 of 146 Posts