Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently broke the engine on my CBR 919 and want to find out "WHY DOES MY BIKE ONLY REF UP TO 4500RPM???" Old engine nr (sc33e-2318855) and the new one is (sc33e-2001365)... So I guess that the one I have now is older than the original one! I want to find out if it could be the CDI or Carbs or whatever that causes the problem! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I recently broke the engine on my CBR 919 and want to find out "WHY DOES MY BIKE ONLY REF UP TO 4500RPM???" Old engine nr (sc33e-2318855) and the new one is (sc33e-2001365)... So I guess that the one I have now is older than the original one! I want to find out if it could be the CDI or Carbs or whatever that causes the problem! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I _think_ the old engine number is a '99 and the new engine is a '96.
The rev problem could be any number of things from fuel to electrics so we need some more information about exactly what it's doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so I broke the conrot of the old engine! it broke my valves, shattered my piston and made deep groves in my barrel! I bought an engine from overseas somewhere and saw that the water pipes is laid out differently... the next thing I noticed is that the speedometer sensor is in another place on the engine! On the side next to the sprocket! I assembled the bike and then started the engine! I was so happy to hear the bike actually start! Then I saw that as soon as the RPM drops less than 1500 it sounds like a piston flap inside the engine! I turned the throttle and it jets up to 4500RPM and makes like a low hum sound and then drops slowly to 3000rpm, even if I open the throttle 1mm at a time it still does it! I did not get any carburettors with the bike so I used my old ones!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Okay so I broke the conrot of the old engine! it broke my valves, shattered my piston and made deep groves in my barrel! I bought an engine from overseas somewhere and saw that the water pipes is laid out differently... the next thing I noticed is that the speedometer sensor is in another place on the engine! On the side next to the sprocket! I assembled the bike and then started the engine! I was so happy to hear the bike actually start! Then I saw that as soon as the RPM drops less than 1500 it sounds like a piston flap inside the engine! I turned the throttle and it jets up to 4500RPM and makes like a low hum sound and then drops slowly to 3000rpm, even if I open the throttle 1mm at a time it still does it! I did not get any carburettors with the bike so I used my old ones!
Is there oil in the engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bike was running... You see... One of my friends is an auto elec... He told me that the computer box could cause the problem! because of the year model the box tells the coil to throw the spark on the wrong time!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The bike was running... You see... One of my friends is an auto elec... He told me that the computer box could cause the problem! because of the year model the box tells the coil to throw the spark on the wrong time!

I guess it's a possibility.
Try putting the '99 pulse generator and rotor on the '96 engine and see.
There would be lots of people that have swapped 893 and 919 engines before now and I haven't heard of any problem with the timing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing is working so i guess i am gonna have to try the new motors CDI!!!!! DAMN!!! Gonna cost me a fortune againe! So much money for an old bike! But ya! If you have it in your blood you will do any thing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts