Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they have different part numbers but what is the real difference between them. My bike snapped starter gear bolts from the flywheel on the dyno and the stator and flywheel is done. I could get a 929 flywheel to get it back running and stator i have on the way that is listed for bouth 929/954.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I know they have different part numbers but what is the real difference between them. My bike snapped starter gear bolts from the flywheel on the dyno and the stator and flywheel is done. I could get a 929 flywheel to get it back running and stator i have on the way that is listed for bouth 929/954.

The difference is that the 929 rotor won't fit through the middle of the 954 stator...or maybe the other way around. I have posted pics of my 929 and 954 stators alongside each other in the past.
I'd be surprised if anybody makes one that fits both engines. You need to know which stator it is so you know which stator cover you need to fit it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The difference is that the 929 rotor won't fit through the middle of the 954 stator...or maybe the other way around. I have posted pics of my 929 and 954 stators alongside each other in the past.
I'd be surprised if anybody makes one that fits both engines. You need to know which stator it is so you know which stator cover you need to fit it.
Could you paste a link to that thread. The stator is made by electrosport and made for the 954 but the listing says it replaces bouth 929 and 954 oem stator serials. But they make a stator for 929 separately allso. Will the bigger flywheel work whit bouth stators? I have seen photos of replacement stators that have extra holes so they could maybe fit 929 and 954 covers? The stator i had that broke in the dyno had allso 5 holes but the cover had only 4?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there anywhere a code on the flywheel where i can identify which one it is? A one for 929 or 954?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts