Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the most part of fitting the projectors on the 929 headlight.
I used the projectors from ebay which are meant for H7 replacment.They are bixenon projectors with angel eyes.
I decided to retrofit the 2 hi beams on the 929,and not the low one beacouse i think it looks better and it adds more light.The projectors are BI_xenon so they can do both LOW and HIGH aiming.I will just not use the center.
Everything was prety easy,headlight removal was easier than i thought,so was the lens removal.I just baked it in the oven in 85c for about 15minutes and the lens came right off.Projectors fited perfectly and then reseald the lens with the included silicon.At the time i have to make most electrical connections.But here are some rough photos of it...(these are from my mobile..i have better and more in my camera,but i am not home).I think it looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like a nice clean install. I did this with a project that I was working on (a Z32 Nissan) but I ran into some issues. I first tried to make a "clear" lens kit to replace the factory lens that had all the lines and little nipples on it. It looked great, but when you turned the lights on problem #1 came up. The lens "bent" the beam of light and scattered it so it wasn't in the proper pattern anymore. It was brutal! I figured about a 60% loss in lighted distance in front of the car. Then I tried doing something similar to what you just did - replacing the OEM projector for a quality PIAA projector and HID system. This also failed on 2 counts. 1 - Same as above. 2 - After replacing the smooth lens for the OEM lens on the PIAA projector, the focal point was off, and I just couldn't get it right. The light pattern was either too thin or too wide or too low... So I just got an HID kit for OEM lights and gave up...

Let me know if you have the same problems.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi,
i didnt had the slight problem with 929 headlight.Obviously the headlight lens is very clear and does not distort the focus in any way.The light cut off is great.i will post some photos as soon as i can if you are interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, that is a good line. With my Nissan it honestly looked more like I was trying to throw the Batman logo...
I might have to try this on the bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
babisgr,

i'm installing the same kit on my 929 and had a couple questions on wiring.

the angel eyes have a black and red wire. i'm assuming the black and red are for negative and positive.

my kit also has devil eyes which has a black, red and a white wire. again, the black and red are negative and positive, but what is the white wire?

then on the main harness, i have two white wires and two blue wires. not exactly sure where these go but my guess is to the factory light wiring? whites on one side and blues on the other side? let me know if you can help.

my kit came with no switches, so i'll have to get some for the angel eyes and the devil eyes.

thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts