Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is possible to install a 929 front wheel+rotors into a 954? I have vibrations when braking, and although I bought a brand new right disc last year I still have problems. They rebuilt my calipers but the left one is still stuck :(

I guess it is a direct swap right? Calipers too?

Thanks for your info, I just wanted to make sure

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I own both bikes, axle and spacers and calipers/disc fitment look identical although they may have different size pistons (I don't think they do) I have never actually swapped the wheels from one bike to another but I currently have 2004 cbr 1000 wheels on my 929 and they fit straight in too you just have to use 929/954 discs as they come with smaller ones I think 310mm rather than 330mm.

I made a video removing the 1000rr wheels if that helps at all... I go over the top with the rear chain adjusters just tried to show its' good practice to check they are free'd off...

Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I own both bikes, axle and spacers and calipers/disc fitment look identical although they may have different size pistons (I don't think they do) I have never actually swapped the wheels from one bike to another but I currently have 2004 cbr 1000 wheels on my 929 and they fit straight in too you just have to use 929/954 discs as they come with smaller ones I think 310mm rather than 330mm.

I made a video removing the 1000rr wheels if that helps at all... I go over the top with the rear chain adjusters just tried to show its' good practice to check they are free'd off...

Good luck!
Wow, interesting, thanks for all the info :)

I just checked it and I've got a bent rim, and both rotors too :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So did you hit something, or did you buy the bike like that?:unsure:
I bought it with rotors in a really bad condition, but it was my 2nd bike (after a suzuki gs500) and I didn't notice it :( I'm installing new NG brake discs

About the rim, yeah, I hit a really big rock, it even lifted the front, quite scary actually because you don't expect it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts