Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hej everybody,

I got a cbr 929 2001 and the fuelpump doesn't prime/works.
When i put 12 volts direct on the pump it works.
On the fuel relay i got on the two black/white cables 12 and on the brown/black also.
On the brown/grey spotted kabel that's going to the fuel pump doesn't come any voltage.
If i change the relay of the fuel cute off with another doesn't help.
On the hiss cables yellow/red and the pink i got +/_ 5 volt when i measure on the main connection and the hiss antenna isn't plugged in.

When i start the bike and i put 12 volt on the fuelpump the bike runs like normal but stops running when i don't give it 12 volts.
All the ground that come together in the orange connection is fixed and so far i know all of them are okej.

Hopping that someone knows what is going on because i dont know anymore.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Check inside the right handlebar switch for broken or loose connections to the kill switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check inside the right handlebar switch for broken or loose connections to the kill switch.
Thanks for the that. worth to check.
Byt just one question, how does that give me power to the pump.
On the fuel cut off relay i have 2 black/white with 12V and a brown/black with 12V when the ignition is on.
Byt nothing from the brown/grey that is going direct to the pump.
I did change the relay but that didn't help. what am i missing here.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,271 Posts
“Most” of the time when a 929 won’t prime, but will run on direct 12vdc, it’s the ECU.

There are several threads on the subject throughout the forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the that. worth to check.
Byt just one question, how does that give me power to the pump.
On the fuel cut off relay i have 2 black/white with 12V and a brown/black with 12V when the ignition is on.
Byt nothing from the brown/grey that is going direct to the pump.
I did change the relay but that didn't help. what am i missing here.
The power goes through the pump housing via a brass block. My 954 lost contact there. I used a dremel and ground out all of the epoxy and soldered the connection solid again. Then I filled with a gasoline safe epoxy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The power goes through the pump housing via a brass block. My 954 lost contact there. I used a dremel and ground out all of the epoxy and soldered the connection solid again. Then I filled with a gasoline safe epoxy.
The brown/black is the low fuel level light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts