Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have this 929 '02 model. Since last one month i'm unable to take it beyond 8k rpm, as engine starts to cut off. I got my wiring checked and the only problem which was found is that the battery is not getting charged and the rectifier is also getting heated. And when i got the current checked, it was around 13.5 amp. So could it be possible that the heated rectifer is creating problem for bike to go beyond 8k rpm or there is something else which is creating problem.
P.S.- I have removed the wires of flapper n HTEV from servo motor and place the HTEV valves at above 8k rpm position.

Help needed on ASAP basis.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi,
I have this 929 '02 model. Since last one month i'm unable to take it beyond 8k rpm, as engine starts to cut off. I got my wiring checked and the only problem which was found is that the battery is not getting charged and the rectifier is also getting heated. And when i got the current checked, it was around 13.5 amp. So could it be possible that the heated rectifer is creating problem for bike to go beyond 8k rpm or there is something else which is creating problem.
P.S.- I have removed the wires of flapper n HTEV from servo motor and place the HTEV valves at above 8k rpm position.

Help needed on ASAP basis.

Thanks.
If it's not charging the battery maybe fix that before getting too concerned about it not revving out.
Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose is dry?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
That's the exact point I was making. snakeskinner1 was mocking the fact the original post says "02 929" :thumb:

When you are asking for advice about your bike we don't care when it happened to get registered, we just need to know which model we're dealing with.
So yes, there is no such thing as an '02 929.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well its a '01 make but got registered in '02, anyways. No i have not checked the vaccum hose( will be great if i can get the photo or something). There is bit of a misfire as well. I will check the the things, will keep you posted.

Thanx all.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Well its a '01 make but got registered in '02, anyways. No i have not checked the vaccum hose( will be great if i can get the photo or something). There is bit of a misfire as well. I will check the the things, will keep you posted.

Thanx all.

Download a manual perhaps...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx all, i checked the fuel pressure regulator, it was fine but the culprit was fuel filter, it was clogged very badly(of course coz of bad fuel). So cleaned it and its running well now.
But i have a new problem now, IAT sensor light started to blink and when i run the bike it stays lit even the FI light as well. After shutting down the engine it again starts to blink. I have checked the wires they are connected well. So need to know whether it gonna be a problem if i run the bike in this condition????

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Thanx all, i checked the fuel pressure regulator, it was fine but the culprit was fuel filter, it was clogged very badly(of course coz of bad fuel). So cleaned it and its running well now.
But i have a new problem now, IAT sensor light started to blink and when i run the bike it stays lit even the FI light as well. After shutting down the engine it again starts to blink. I have checked the wires they are connected well. So need to know whether it gonna be a problem if i run the bike in this condition????
I'm willing to bet you connected the wire for the MAP sensor to the IAT sensor and vice-versa. Swap them round.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts