Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a CBR 929 and I'm having starting issues sometimes it will start first turn of the key others it can take 15 or more turns it's been put on a diagnostic machine when started and it finds nothing I've had a new key done to rule that out a new fuel pump relay when the fuel pump primes every time when tested all wires coming from the ECU have been tested and are fine,what happens is the fuel pump doesn't always prime and when it does I don't always get a spark ignition has been tested and a spare tried but no change,when it starts it runs fine it's just not knowing if it's going to restart or how long it will take to restart at the end of a ride I'm at a loss of ideas now the only thing left is the tilt sensor that I'm going to try any other ideas please

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
if you dont hear the fuel pump running for a couple of seconds when you first switch on, dont even bother spinning the engine. I would guess that you have a fuel pump issue, more than likely a relay or bad connector. Does it ever NOT start when the fuel pump has done its initial pump-up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just had a new fuel pump put in and a fresh service new plugs oil etc it on 42k it was doing it before the service mechanic thought he sorted after finding a split wire going to the fuel pump it lasted the ride home all of 10mins as soon as I stopped and turned it off it wouldn't restart you can hear the relay click bad it will turn over its not until it's totally cooled down then it takes a few turns of the key before it primes the mechanic even tried the tilt sensor when the pumps out the tank he said it primes every time it seems to only have the issue after riding

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hi, Sorry for the time in replying!

This was the culprit causing my random non-starting issue. I tried cleaning it up but after a few months the problem returned so now I soldered all the green wires together and all the black/white one together insulated it all and re-wrapped it within the loom.

Has been perfect since! :)

Attachments

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Not always the problem, but I had that issue with my 03 954 too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts