Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone that has done the 800vfr swingarm swap on a 929. i have several questions. everything ive read about the 954 swap is that you have to shave off 1/4 in off the inside of the swingarm to get it to fit. is that the same for the 929. the only thing that see you would have to shave are the guide collars that slide in the swing arm. if you want to give me a call that would be great 330-233-0523. i also am trying to figure out how to get the hub out of the swingarm so i can get the swingarm powder coated after any modifications.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
547 Posts
is there anyone that has done the 800vfr swingarm swap on a 929. i have several questions. everything ive read about the 954 swap is that you have to shave off 1/4 in off the inside of the swingarm to get it to fit. is that the same for the 929. the only thing that see you would have to shave are the guide collars that slide in the swing arm. if you want to give me a call that would be great 330-233-0523. i also am trying to figure out how to get the hub out of the swingarm so i can get the swingarm powder coated after any modifications.

thanks in advance.
the process is same as you read for the 954 conversions and yes you do have to shave of swing arm from inside(BOTHSIDES) to make it fit and for free movement!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts