Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! I need help...

I'm having problems with the connection between the stator and rectifier voltage on my CBR929, heats and melts the connector. The stator has been refurbished have a one month and the rectifier is new original OEM bought have a one month also.

I stretched and solder the 3 yellow wires, improved but they still heat up a bit, this is normal or should I be worried? :confused::confused::confused:

The load measurement is stable at 14.4V at idle.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Have you made sure all the connctions are CLEAN with no debris or dirt? You're going to get some heat in the wires - shouldn't be enough to melt any connections though.

Idle voltage at the battery seems good though. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you made sure all the connctions are CLEAN with no debris or dirt? You're going to get some heat in the wires - shouldn't be enough to melt any connections though.

Idle voltage at the battery seems good though. :)

The connections were cleaned and tinned wires on the ends Sky91, but the original stator wiring is old (13 years), I do not know if the problem would be inside (dirt or zinabre).
My question (my fear) is:
Is normal, though minimal, heat in the wires?:idunno:

Thanks very much

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
If you put electricity through any (non superconducting) wire, it's going to warm up a bit. Unless it's excessive, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Wow do all the 929 run 14.4 at idle? That seems high and reg is already working its ase off to regulate the power from stator. Should be round 13 id think normally on anything else

1 - 6 of 6 Posts