Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all
I would like to know if I can replace a 929rr complete engine with gear box with a 954rr complete one?

Do I have to make a modification?

Does the compatibility exists?

Can anibody answer me asap please, because I blew up my 929rr engine and have the possibility of buying a 954rr engine.

Thank you

·
Registered
25 Posts
A friend of mine did this swap an year ago. I don't remember what was the price he payed but in the end he had a nice working bike again.

Because both the engines are so close together, no wonder if they are a direct bolt-on swap.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Dear all
I would like to know if I can replace a 929rr complete engine with gear box with a 954rr complete one?

Do I have to make a modification?

Does the compatibility exists?

Can anibody answer me asap please, because I blew up my 929rr engine and have the possibility of buying a 954rr engine.

Thank you

Yes, swapping the engines is very straightforward.
I would recommend running a Power Commander though to be able to optimise the fueling. You can run either the 929 40mm or 954 42mm throttle bodies.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 929 actually has a 954 engine and it works great...i do get that FI (fuel injection) light that comes on though. Doesn't seem to effect the performance but it is a bit annoying to look at. I think there may be something to that powercommander thing and fuel.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
My 929 actually has a 954 engine and it works great...i do get that FI (fuel injection) light that comes on though. Doesn't seem to effect the performance but it is a bit annoying to look at. I think there may be something to that powercommander thing and fuel.
Do you know if you have 929 or 954 throttle bodies?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,please scuse my poor english,the only problem is the air filter box,it doesnt fit!i don't no if there are differences between usa models and european models!Good luck!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello,please scuse my poor english,the only problem is the air filter box,it doesnt fit!i don't no if there are differences between usa models and european models!Good luck!

Yes, the 929 and 954 airboxes are different and not interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Do u guys know if a 954 rear hugger will fit a 929.

I don't know but the swingarms are different - I'd be surprised if it did.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Do u guys know if a 954 rear hugger will fit a 929.
No. A stock 954 hugger will not fit a 929 swingarm. This is why so many 929 owners swap their swingarm to the 954. Some aftermarket companies make a hugger that fits a 929.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The 954 swing arm is a direct swap but the pivot bearing setup is slightly different so you need all of the 954 spacers as well. Doing the swing are swap will lower the bike slightly. I did this done on my custom 929. The right side of the 954 swing arm really helps make the bike look newer, spool mounts are a plus as well. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts