Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Im thinking I have to do a valve adjustment and get a clutch set I here what seems to be a valve click if I accelerate suddently and my clutch drags sometimes I could fully compress it and give it some throttle and it jerks a little but not always if I 2 up it does it everytime Thanks for all of your help/opinions

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
01 CBR 929RR - YouTube

Im thinking I have to do a valve adjustment and get a clutch set I here what seems to be a valve click if I accelerate suddently and my clutch drags sometimes I could fully compress it and give it some throttle and it jerks a little but not always if I 2 up it does it everytime Thanks for all of your help/opinions

I can't hear any valve "clicking" (although it'd be helpful if you covered the muffler so we can hear the engine).
Have you tried adjusting the clutch cable?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad I tried to do the best I could with my phone :3 and yea ive adjusted it on the bottom near the cover and at the lever is it possible for ot to be too adjusted? And give that result? And also I might be thinking it could be the oil prob the guy who sold it to me used the wrong kind of oil and btw thank you for your time

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't hear any valve "clicking" (although it'd be helpful if you covered the muffler so we can hear the engine).
Have you tried adjusting the clutch cable?
My bad I tried to do the best I could with my phone :3 and yea ive adjusted it on the bottom near the cover and at the lever is it possible for ot to be too adjusted? And give that result? And also I might be thinking it could be the oil prob the guy who sold it to me used the wrong kind of oil and btw thank you for your time

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

If it was "too" adjusted the clutch would be slipping. Looking at the video though the lever adjuster appears to be screwed fully in?
I can't see it being the oil, all the oil/clutch problems I've seen were slipping, not dragging.
I assume this drag is a problem after the engine is up to operating temperature? It's common for the clutch to drag a little when the oil is cold.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it was "too" adjusted the clutch would be slipping. Looking at the video though the lever adjuster appears to be screwed fully in?
I can't see it being the oil, all the oil/clutch problems I've seen were slipping, not dragging.
I assume this drag is a problem after the engine is up to operating temperature? It's common for the clutch to drag a little when the oil is cold.
Yea Its screwed all the way in cause I adjusted it fully ay both ends amd didnt see any real change so i left the bottom the same and fully screwed in the top to get it back to where it was before D: . And guess Ill keep an eye on my temp next time it happens that might explain it thanks bro

·
Registered
84 Posts
01 CBR 929RR - YouTube

Exactly the same here, mine does exactly the same!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly the same here, mine does exactly the same!
Would you consider that normal then? I warmed my bike up just now took it for a spin to see if my clutch dragged and nothing everything ok so then i got home got my girl on the bike and it does it 100% of the time with her on lol wierd if u ask me makes me want to get that full oem clutch kit I know the guy I bought it from had it locked away for some time I heard that sticks the clutches but I wouldnt know for sure Ima just take it apart and measure everything look for warpage bad springs etc

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Would you consider that normal then? I warmed my bike up just now took it for a spin to see if my clutch dragged and nothing everything ok so then i got home got my girl on the bike and it does it 100% of the time with her on lol wierd if u ask me makes me want to get that full oem clutch kit I know the guy I bought it from had it locked away for some time I heard that sticks the clutches but I wouldnt know for sure Ima just take it apart and measure everything look for warpage bad springs etc

Try loosening the chain perhaps?

·
Registered
84 Posts
No i don't, on the other hand that noise is 100% plates clanking .....somewhere in it and if you take the oil cap out you can clearly hear and see in the same time the plates

Later edit: This one does the same, only that being in open space you can hear the plates clanking clear as day

.........and this is mine, but you can't hear it because of the exhaust

1 - 11 of 11 Posts