Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Speedometer on my 954rr conked off and I am looking for a replacement. The one on ebay look to be in bad shape, any leads where I can get a good one.

Alternatively any suggestions on an alternative one which can be installed with minimum changes to wiring harness. If I can get something which is plug and play I will be more then happy, even if that means that some functionalities might not work.

Regards

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
you might be able to get yours repaired.... There's a firm in the Netherlands that can reprogram ECU's re HISS issues so they might be able to help - Sorry I dont know names or contacts but they have been mentioned on this forum, and others, so might be worth a Google (other search engines are availble!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All,

Speedometer on my 954rr conked off and I am looking for a replacement. The one on ebay look to be in bad shape, any leads where I can get a good one.

Alternatively any suggestions on an alternative one which can be installed with minimum changes to wiring harness. If I can get something which is plug and play I will be more then happy, even if that means that some functionalities might not work.

Regards
Try the Facebook marketplace

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am actually quite surprised there are no good options for a dash on ebay. That being said, is it just fried? Because the ones that are functioning but have broken glass... why not just swap the internals of the working one on ebay with your good housing? Know what I mean? There is one for $160 with broken glass. If you are going through the trouble of swapping the dash, moving the internals into your housing shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, you can get pyrex kits or whatever the glass is made of and you can make your own glass if you can't use the original housing. You can get the dimensions and find the proper shape and seal it yourself. Not too hard. Ive been down a similar track before looking at these kind of options...

That being said, unless your bike is a naked bike and all chopped up already, I wouldn't even consider trying an aftermarket option. Only if you are already a naked bike and need to find something that works aesthetically, like a CBR version of a triumph speed triple. Look into what people have to do to get these universal dash setups working... splicing wires is just the beginning. It is often a real nightmare. And the bike is old, small year range of production... the likelihood of finding any aftermarket made for the model, even if its old and was made back in 2005 is just about zero or in the negative lol. And probably very expensive.

I think you should buy a broken one and either swap the internals into your housing or make your own replacement glass. Once youre down that path you could even do an led upgrade kit while you're there and make it real snazzy and colorful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts