Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting an 03 954 engine in my sand rail. It came with the wiring harness but i need to know what it takes to make the engine run, i didnt get the ignition stuff (key, kill switch, etc.) I have been tring to go threw the wiring harness diagram i downloaded but cant seem to get anywhere. Im want ing to just jumper some of the wires instead of spending big bucks for the ignition. any help would be appreciated.:idunno:

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Im putting an 03 954 engine in my sand rail. It came with the wiring harness but i need to know what it takes to make the engine run, i didnt get the ignition stuff (key, kill switch, etc.) I have been tring to go threw the wiring harness diagram i downloaded but cant seem to get anywhere. Im want ing to just jumper some of the wires instead of spending big bucks for the ignition. any help would be appreciated.:idunno:
There is a diode in the ignition switch so I'd suggest getting one of those first.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
can i get that without buying the whole ignition? this is sucha pain. had no idea i needed the (entire) wiring
No, but it is possible to make the diode yourself.
I don't know how but try searching the forums as others have done it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.