Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got a new CBR 929 with a 954 engine in it. When I test drove it worked fine. When we trailered it home one of the tie downs came undone and the bike was leaning alot to the side (not on its side though). When I got it off the trailer I started it and it rode fine. But after that it stopped running, I could push start it and as long as I stayed on the throttle it wouldn't die. But now I cant push start it or anything. Everything seems to work fine when I turn the key, the fuel pump kicks on and it trys to start but it just wont ignite. I just put like 4 gallons of gas in it to so I know its not that. But does anyone have any clue what this could be. Im trying to get it fixed asap because Im in highschool and its my only way to school. Ive already missed four days. But if anyone has any input please let me know. Thanks guys

·
Registered
547 Posts
you said bike tilted but you were able to start it after picking it up so it cannot be tip over sensor make.
i would double check that too just to make sure its doing the job.
pull the plugs and see how they look.
p.s. WELCOME TO ORG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you said bike tilted but you were able to start it after picking it up so it cannot be tip over sensor make.
i would double check that too just to make sure its doing the job.
pull the plugs and see how they look.
p.s. WELCOME TO ORG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya Im about to get a whole new set of plugs. What do you think would be the best plugs for my bike. And thanks for the welcome man.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot man. Im about to run to autozone and grab a set and put them in. Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
just curious, to what side was it leaning and where were the straps positioned that were holding it up? I know it ran right after pulling it off the trailer, but ya never know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just curious, to what side was it leaning and where were the straps positioned that were holding it up? I know it ran right after pulling it off the trailer, but ya never know.
The straps were on the handlebars compressing the front end down. And the left one came unhooked so it was leaning pretty far over to the left.

·
Registered
547 Posts
do you have the 929 wiring or 954 wiring?
if its 954 wiring that you are using check the harness in the front because 954 has the tip over snsr by the headlight.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
What? It turns over gang.

Either fuel or spark.
If the pump primes, the relay is fine.
Pull a plug and see if she sparks nice and blue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I"m having problems with mine too. I just put a new battery in today, started right up, rode to gas station, put $5 in it, wouldnt start. Pop started it, rode some more. Wouldn't start, put it on jump box, started up, rode home. Now will not start again. What's my next step electrically? Regulator rectifier? Why won't my battery get charged?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Your battery is clearly not getting charged.
Problem can lie in the rectifier/regulator or stator.

Try this first, lift your seat and look for a 3P connector, with all yellow wires (they go to the R/R), check to see if it is melted or corroded. Its pretty common.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts