Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone can help me with this one, I have a cbr 954RR that I recently bought used a full akrapovic system for but it did not come with a muffler, and I can not seem to find one anywhere, I have tried calling akrapovic a few times and they just tell me that the mufflers and headers and all have been discontinued and they cant get anything for me and wont tell me if any of their current model mufflers for any bike have the same ID so that I could just get a muffler, my pipe were the muffler would slip on to the OD is 60.34mm or 2.39". can someone take the time and measure there muffler and pipe so I can narrow down what I can buy, I have found a few mufflers on eBay that have a 60mm inlet size but I think that would be to small, seeing's how my pipe is a little bigger already I don't know for sure. ( I would have to believe that akrapovic makes the same size units for most of there applications).

Thank you, Kris

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Kris, I answered you in the other thread you posted on, but the Akra is defintely a hair bigger. My Leo uses a 60mm, but I wanted the look of the Akra can, and it was for sure a little loose, I think a 60 is going to be too tight of a fit for you. Either way, here is an Akra on Ebay that I have been watching, waiting for the price to drop.

05 06 Suzuki GSXR 1000 GSXR1000 Exhaust Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Slip on Full | eBay

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
you know thats pretty close tho. i think you might be able to make a cut straight down the center of the pipe n squeeze it together slightly n probably get a good seal? i mean if you cant find a can that has a slip bigger than your OD of 60.3 i mean .34mm isnt much so if you could find a can with a 60mm inlet id think that might work?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
you know thats pretty close tho. i think you might be able to make a cut straight down the center of the pipe n squeeze it together slightly n probably get a good seal? i mean if you cant find a can that has a slip bigger than your OD of 60.3 i mean .34mm isnt much so if you could find a can with a 60mm inlet id think that might work?
It wont just go over the Akra mid pipe, I tried it. You might get away with the cutting idea of yours, but a 60mm muffler will not go straight on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I ened up finding a muffler on ebay that is a 60mm for 175 shipped, I looked high and low and I could not find anything on them making a muffler that's 60.3mm, and they have by far the worst customer service in have ever seen. I just hope this works if not I'm out of ideas, may have to just tune not with no muffler. It's mainly a drag bike anyway.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the item number on ebay 131374581328, I tried to call akrapovic and they couldn't tell me 100% what it came off it but they think it's for a triumph. I don't really care what it came off I just wanted a damn muffler, but it prolly won't fit

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well see the guy said he mic'd it right on 60 but we'll see in a few days if not I'll either cut down the middle or see if a muffler shop can slightly stretch it for me.

Thanks for your help guys:clap:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys thanks for all your help and advice on how to get the muffler to fit if it was too small to fit over the mud pipe. i got it today, it's definitely a tight fit but it does slip over the pipe with no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts