Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this CBR for the last 2 years with no problems. Recently my bike has been acting up, it got worse today. I was riding down the road in second, dropped it in first and my bike started shaking and bogging down and then died. It took a second to start then it ran fine for a few then started doing the same thing. What the hell is going on.

Note: About a month ago I took my slip on exhaust off so my bike would be louder so idk if this would have anything to do with it

·
Registered
511 Posts
dirty fuel, clogged filter or bad mapping maybe? I dont know if the can would really cause that much of a problem as seen in your case even though you lose backpressure and increase exhaust flow unless somehow the cpu is really overcompensating with the A/F ratio.. did you do anything else besides the exhaust such as screw with the electronics and mapping? removing the exhaust really makes a big difference in a 2T motor and not so much a 4T as causing complete engine shutdown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope I just removed the exhaust that's it. The stock was just so damn quiet. But the fuel I know for sure is clean but Im not to sure about the filter.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I had this CBR for the last 2 years with no problems. Recently my bike has been acting up, it got worse today. I was riding down the road in second, dropped it in first and my bike started shaking and bogging down and then died. It took a second to start then it ran fine for a few then started doing the same thing. What the hell is going on.

Note: About a month ago I took my slip on exhaust off so my bike would be louder so idk if this would have anything to do with it

Check the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose is dry.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
And also how do I know if a CBR 900RR A or AC

954's _are_ '02/'03 900RR's.
AC is California.
Check yours is bad before simply buying one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea definitely. Thanks for the info! I will check tonight and will post if theres anything further. Thanks

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Yep, I agree with Br, fuel pressure regulator. Try HondaEastToledo.com for a good price. I think they're around $75, but haven't checked lately. Sometimes your local Honda dealer will price match other online Honda dealer prices. Mine does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts