Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fairly new rider and want my f3 to run well again. My problems started when I had the notorious charging problems with her, I replaced the rectifier and new plugs as they were burnt out, it kept draining the battery, I then replaced the stator and it's plugs were burnt plastic as well. Fixed that and started charging and running again. I had to pop the tank off and in doing so I misplaced a plastic connection from the vacuum line to the adjacent hose, i replaced it with a simple connector. Anyways when I rev in neutral it redlines great 1st and 2nd are good too . 3rd and 4th seem to lose power completely at 9 10g Rpms, 5th and 6th do the same but at even lower rpms around 7-8g. I'm wondering if it's maybe the spark plugs, air box or a fuel starvation error? I just wanna go fast again.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
If you replaced the connection, and none of the hoses are cracked, then that shouldnt be the problem.

It sounds like fuel starvation: the faster you go, the more air enters your airbox...

·
Registered
231 Posts
f3's are older carbed bikes. Make sure the bike's carbs are clean even after a long period of no use. Otherwise, you can lose performance easliy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts