Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the dilema is that this F4 went on low slide and fliped over, then slid into a car. The only major damage is the subframe and the right handle bar, everything else worked fine. The bike sat for about 3 weeks with no one starting it. Oh yeah we had to replace the muffler as well. Anyways we tried to start the bike and with no luck, its cranks but wont turn over, we tried everything that a non experianced mechanic would do. We pushed started it, charged the battery, jump start, we also even tried to burn out all the gas by turning off the tank and letting the motor crank over. We had a feeling that the carbs could have been flooded. But everytime we keep cranking the bike it would make this huge bang. Its very annoying. So can you guys think of somethings that would cause the bike not to turn over? Is there a tip sensor. ohh yeah we checked all the fuses by the battery. is there anymore that we should know about? so give me some info!

thanks

Mark

·
Registered
595 Posts
You probably fouled the plugs. I had an F4 that I sold to my friend. He also dumped the bike, and after getting all the cosmetics repaired, the bike would not start. We also tried everything to get it started. Push start, hooked to a continuous power source and let it crank, let it sit to make sure it wasn't flooded, etc.. It was fouled plugs. It sounds exactly like your problem. You have to remove the gas tank to get to the plugs, and even then it helps to have a special flexible tool to remove and install the plugs. If you don't know what you're doing, make sure you get it to someone that knows how and has the proper tools to get it done. By the way, removing the gas tank is a major pain, and almost impossible to do yourself. It really requires two sets of hands to do it safely. I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts