Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to this but got problem with my blade it runs real sick if i hold throttle
still more at lower rpm ,wont take throttle if you snap it,but ride it hard its ok apart from a little flutter as changa gear.....any suggestions tried all the obvious ...........help..........

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
A few ideas from my own RR-W experiences - I ran mine for 6 yrs and 42,000 miles and never went to a garage with it, so have had a bit of experience! :D

Assuming its got carbs, which I guess it would, I'd
* water in fuel
* some other much partly blocking a jet int he carbs
* kinked fuel pipe
* dodgy vacuum tap in the tank
* and lastly, real odd one that had me fooled... if you've had the tank and/or air box off beware of this. On the RH side there is a breather from the carbs that vents the float bowls and its easy to kink this putting everything back together, of course when you take everything off to find the problem it unkinks so you never see it! The kink creates a ploblem that stop the bike revving out, but only noticable under load when riding, seems to rev ok in teh workshop.

Best of luck! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
machinehead said:
A few ideas from my own RR-W experiences - I ran mine for 6 yrs and 42,000 miles and never went to a garage with it, so have had a bit of experience! :D

Assuming its got carbs, which I guess it would, I'd
* water in fuel
* some other much partly blocking a jet int he carbs
* kinked fuel pipe
* dodgy vacuum tap in the tank
* and lastly, real odd one that had me fooled... if you've had the tank and/or air box off beware of this. On the RH side there is a breather from the carbs that vents the float bowls and its easy to kink this putting everything back together, of course when you take everything off to find the problem it unkinks so you never see it! The kink creates a ploblem that stop the bike revving out, but only noticable under load when riding, seems to rev ok in teh workshop.

Best of luck! :)
hi thanks for that but all those are fine you can ride it hard and its ok.
just seems to be when you hold the throttle in any possition eg 1/3 1/2
it also wont respond very well if you snap it open .what does the throttle sensor do ?i unpluged it and it made no difference at all?????????

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
demolition said:
Carb vacuum return lines clogged.
Dirty airfilter
Clogged or kinked airbox snorkle
clogged fuel filter
bad plug wire(s) or loose connection

Have had all the float bowls off yet? You could have a gunked jet or a bent float level tab.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
demolition said:
what does the throttle sensor do ?i unpluged it and it made no difference at all?????????
The throttle position sensor (TPS) tells the engine if there is a load on the engine, or if there is a changing load (change in throttle position). The bike can run on pressure and engine speed alone, but won't rev well, and may be unstable at constant settings. Me thinks this might be the culprit.

The TPS is basically a rheostat (changing resistance with position), you should be able to use an ohm meter to see if it changes with position. Also check that electricity is accually getting there and it is grounded well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gt702 said:
The throttle position sensor (TPS) tells the engine if there is a load on the engine, or if there is a changing load (change in throttle position). The bike can run on pressure and engine speed alone, but won't rev well, and may be unstable at constant settings. Me thinks this might be the culprit.

The TPS is basically a rheostat (changing resistance with position), you should be able to use an ohm meter to see if it changes with position. Also check that electricity is accually getting there and it is grounded well.

Good luck.
thanks for that will have a go at it this weekend :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
ConqSoft said:
(Tip: When quoting/replying, don't remove the quote tags, otherwise it's hard to tell where the quoted post ends, and your reply begins. ;) )
Even the internal ones? I kept the ones on either end, which I thought would do just quote what I did .... is the automatic system catching me? :idunno:

EDIT: Oops, thought you were talking to me ... mine were coming out like demolition's last week, but seem to be working now.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
the float level tabs on the carb floats were not adjustable on mine, the fuel needle valve acting direct on to the plastic float.

shite in the fuel went straight through the Honda fuel filter causing running problems a few time.

if it were plug leads I'd expect it under load situation, but might be worth a shot with new caps if all else fails??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
machinehead said:
the float level tabs on the carb floats were not adjustable on mine, the fuel needle valve acting direct on to the plastic float.

shite in the fuel went straight through the Honda fuel filter causing running problems a few time.

if it were plug leads I'd expect it under load situation, but might be worth a shot with new caps if all else fails??
going to try all at weekend will see about sensor 2mro will post and let ya all no outcome

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
demolition said:
going to try all at weekend will see about sensor 2mro will post and let ya all no outcome
sensor seems ok really stumped :crying: can any one tell me there jetting settings.. mine has been dyno jetted and race a can ,any advice on jet sizes??????????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
machinehead said:
you'll need to know the height for the needle too - the kit I had in mine (Factory, not Dynojet) had 3 settings.
hi you dont know what your settings are ???????:idunno:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
sorry, sold the bike 2 years ago nearly and got the 954 I have now. The needle was in the middle I remember (actually it may have had 5 grooves for the settings?), but the kit came with about 3 sets of jets too. I live by the coast and therefore at sea level. higher altitudes required different jetting so it can depend on where you are. The kit had really helpful advice and was almost right from the box but I just can't remember now, sorry! :( I'd try Dynojet themselves first off - I've heard they can be helpful over the phone and could point you in the right direction. best of luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
machinehead said:
sorry, sold the bike 2 years ago nearly and got the 954 I have now. The needle was in the middle I remember (actually it may have had 5 grooves for the settings?), but the kit came with about 3 sets of jets too. I live by the coast and therefore at sea level. higher altitudes required different jetting so it can depend on where you are. The kit had really helpful advice and was almost right from the box but I just can't remember now, sorry! :( I'd try Dynojet themselves first off - I've heard they can be helpful over the phone and could point you in the right direction. best of luck!
kool thanks i will try them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts