Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey is there a bike difference between the hornet and the cbr version of the 919, the 919 was a 98 right??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cams.

The hornet is built to produce less top end horsepower and more low end torque by having a lower lift cam. The engine is based on the CBR900, but is detuned.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
hey is there a bike difference between the hornet and the cbr version of the 919, the 919 was a 98 right??
Huge difference in power output and revs. Same engine design but built for different purposes. Heavier internals and much lower redline.
The Blade engine is 918cc I think.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there any way to tell if its a 900rr motor or a hornet motor, i bought a 93 and when i looked at the motor it said 919 on the side and the motor looks like it could be from 98. ive read a couple different articles where it says the 98-99 is in fact a 919 then there are articles where they say its a 918

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I'm not so sure either, have always been told the engine in the Hornets are from the old 918 Fireblades but have been re-tuned for a different outcome.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
is there any way to tell if its a 900rr motor or a hornet motor, i bought a 93 and when i looked at the motor it said 919 on the side and the motor looks like it could be from 98. ive read a couple different articles where it says the 98-99 is in fact a 919 then there are articles where they say its a 918
The 900RR should be an SC33 motor and the Hornet I think is SC48.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts