Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there got any feed back on the new 06 cbr1000:idunno: ive had mine now for 1000km,first service is due.Looking for anyone with any good mods they have made etc to enhance looks or performance,ive done the pipe mod,fender eliminator and all that,anyone got any feedback on the brake light/indicator all in one setup? know if they work well,heard they are crap and to expensive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've done the brakelight/turn signal indicator mod and it is nice. The LEDs are highly visible and the mod took a little over an hour to perform.:cheers: The front signals will be getting flush-mounts over the winter soon. Take Care!

·
Registered
210 Posts
all i have done to my 06
proton flushmounts
sportbike creations FE kit
zero gravity double bubble
pc3
arata slip
A tech intake
HRC quick turn throttle
ohlins rear shock
hyperpro springs
speedohealer
AFAM 15/43 520 sprockets
steel brake lines

every mod worth every penny
fast and looks great

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for feed back.
Too many after market parts available,my wife gonna kill me!!:rant:

·
Registered
737 Posts
G'day Giza,

Where abouts in Melbourne are you located? I'm in Highett, near Southland. Do you go riding with any groups?

Cheers,
Sime

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gday Sime,
Got a mate who has a CBR1000RR also,we do some sunday rides up near Warburton,up the Reefton Spur and back through the Black Spur,live round Cranbourne area do some rides with the Triumph club which go on all sorts of rides from 1 day to 5 day,not fussed on what you ride,a good bunch of blokes. What about you,you get out much?
Cheers
Giza
:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Giza,
I'm not sure what pipe you added, or how much you like the sound and how much you like the look of it, but I added a Hotbodies Exaust to mine. The sound is amazing. It is extremely low pitched. Even when I am gunning her, she hardly whines. I have heard a few other 1000rr's with stock and aftermarket exausts and, to me, nothing compares to the Hotbodies exaust. I also added a seat cowl. I'm have a power commander, flush mounts, and a few other things to add. Here she is:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b39/ngartz/under1000rr.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b39/ngartz/side1000rr.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b39/ngartz/seatcowl.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gday Ngartz,nice set up:thumb: the undertail looks trick.
Ive got a Remus pipe which has a good note and dosent have a loud annoying pitch when your on full throttle,just a nice note with good mid range response.
Ill post you some pics if you like

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice bike:thumb: i almost went the same colour,to racey for me i went the conservative gun metal/silver colour,the pipe set up is different,but all good,she runs and sounds well,thats all that matters.

Gotta get rid of those swingarm stickers!!:thumbd:
they look [email protected]!,i hate the stickers they put everywhere,gotta get em off!
Very unusual set up,but why be the same.:clap:

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
Gotta get rid of those swingarm stickers!!:thumbd:
and get some steel braided lines :thumb: i have since took off the rear pegs

·
Registered
210 Posts
i like the HRC throttle
it opens the butterflies farther with the same amount of wrist turn
so you dont have to change your grip to go to wide open

it doesnt make the bike faster on the top end but you will definetly get there quicker

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not done much to mine really,
Galfer lines
Ohlins shock
Micron slipon
Cut rear heatsheild
Evo-Tech rear tail tidy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts