Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
hey guys i dont want to come out of nowhere and ask but i cant find the info, soo...can one of you hit me back up and let me know what kind of oil i should use for my forks? '07 CBR1000rr, if you could it would be very much appreciated.
thanks, -noahb

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hey guys i dont want to come out of nowhere and ask but i cant find the info, soo...can one of you hit me back up and let me know what kind of oil i should use for my forks? '07 CBR1000rr, if you could it would be very much appreciated.
thanks, -noahb

'04/'05 specifies Honda SS-55 which is 10W.
I wouldn't go any heavier than about 12W.

·
Registered
746 Posts
haha, that sucks jazz. but i went to my local bike shop and he recommended 5w, think that'll do? or should i go thicker with the 10w..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
haha, that sucks jazz. but i went to my local bike shop and he recommended 5w, think that'll do? or should i go thicker with the 10w..

Are you unhappy with the rate of fork travel currently?
I wouldn't suggest changing the oil viscosity unless you're trying to fix a problem.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you unhappy with the rate of fork travel currently?
I wouldn't suggest changing the oil viscosity unless you're trying to fix a problem.
I'd stick with Blade's suggestion...he's been around bikes since the womb!!! :D :thumb:
So go with the 10W :thumb:

Oh yeah, by the way....why do you need to change your fork oil ???

Blade, how often (miles/Kms) do you have to change the fork oil, and yes I appreciate what kind of use the bike is getting :idunno:

·
Registered
746 Posts
well...im not exactly unhappy with their performance, its just the left ones leaking out of the seal. so after i take it apart and replace the seals, i didnt know what kind of oil to replace aswell.haha but yea, blade your pretty smart ive had to look at some other threads to figure some things out and youve been more than helpful. good lookin out.haha
thanks, -noahb

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well...im not exactly unhappy with their performance, its just the left ones leaking out of the seal. so after i take it apart and replace the seals, i didnt know what kind of oil to replace aswell.haha but yea, blade your pretty smart ive had to look at some other threads to figure some things out and youve been more than helpful. good lookin out.haha
thanks, -noahb
Any reason for the leaking seal ???? You got me worried about mine now :crap: :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
746 Posts
oh yea and jazz, your forks are usually good on the oil they have for awhile.. i've read that some guys dont change theirs until 15k+. so unless theres something wrong with how theyre reacting.. im pretty sure they're good to go.

·
Registered
746 Posts
WHEELIES!!! if you wheelie often, then you just ware and ware when you come back down. other times dirt and grime and get lodged under them. but yea, wheelies are a main thing for the seals...
thanks, -noahb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts