Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this mod on there 954 for better cooling?? Or if it is even worth it or even possible..And if it is possible is there a thread on it showing you what needs to be done.
I would think it's possible for sure but it isn't likely to bolt in if that's what you're after.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Yea i know that.. I know there would be modifications that would need to be done..I am just wondering if it would be worth it..If it would cool any better
Possibly, but if it's running hot now I'd suggest fixing whatever is causing that.
You don't want to run an engine below its normal operating temperature.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
that was one of the problams with the 954s was it running hot all the time because of the small radiator it has.. i know my bike i was just seeing other ways to improve it
This is news to me.
I haven't heard of 954's running hot at all.
Normal operating temp should be between 85-95C (185-205F) under normal conditions and you'd expect the fan to kick in when stationary in summer (since that's what the fan is there for).

·
Registered
176 Posts
When i am riding down the highway, mine maintains 184°. Once I hit town and ride down Main Street and 20mph for 8 blocks, the temp is reading 212° with the fan running. The ambient temp is usually 75°-80°F. This is normal for my bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.