Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

CBR1000 Ride Review in Roadracing World

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bwhip 
#1 ·
While browsing at Borders tonight I saw the February issue of Roadracing World and noticed they had lengthy articles describing their press intro track rides on both the CBR1000RR and the new ZX-10R. They didn't compare them directly, but seemed very impressed with both. They said of the Honda that it was "deceivingly fast...seamlessly, in an almost electric way...Fast, but not in a violent, pull-your-arms-out-of-the-sockets way."

They also said the HESD electronic steering damper was a trip. The reviewer tried testing it one way by "wheelieing down the back straight and continually turning the bars as [he] accelerated. By not having the front-end weighted, [he] was able to feel the damping change as [his] speed increased."

They said that it makes a claimed 172 crank horsepower, 396 lb dry weight, and would have an MSRP of $10,999. They said it should be in dealers around late-March.

#3 ·
freq said:
thanks, bwhip. i could kick myself for not renewing my subscription to that mag / newspaper. all the other US rags combined don't compare to RRW/MT.

IMHO
No kidding... Lots of good insight, excellent race coverage, inside info, etc, etc...

I really look forward to that mag! The only things I like as much is TWO and BIKE from the UK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.