Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help? I need to remove my mirrors for storage. I just unbolted them, thinking there would be some kind of disconnect plug that would allow me to quickly disconnect the blinker wires. I've given thing a pretty good look over and haven't found anything like this. Questions:
1) Is there a quick disconnect for the front blinkers?
2) If yes, how do I access it? I tried gently tugging the wires to see if the plug was hiding below the fairing but I don't want to pull too hard and damange something.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Dean in Seattle
08Blade Black/Silver with cowl, bubble windscreen, frame sliders, two bros slip on

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
haven't looked on a new cbr, but the disconnect plug on a gixxer with signal mirrors was right behind the dash...we took the windscreen off and then was able to follow the wire down to the disconnect.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm surpriced to hear that you need to remove the mirror for storage.
On the 2008 model, the mirrors can be turned backwards-inwards to lay smooth along with the front cowling. It should not be nescessary to take them off.

Regards ... Fred

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I thought the attachment at the fairing was fixed. Very helpful!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you FireBladerDk.

I am in the middle of movin from Chicago to San Diego. The mover was planning to remove the mirrors from the motorcycle. He and I did not know that mirrors can be folded inward/outward. I gave a search on google. This thread came up. THANK YOU.

I'm surpriced to hear that you need to remove the mirror for storage.
On the 2008 model, the mirrors can be turned backwards-inwards to lay smooth along with the front cowling. It should not be nescessary to take them off.

Regards ... Fred

1 - 8 of 8 Posts