Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, as promised, I've stayed back late to finish my mates CBR1000RR with the system and mapping. The graph is over speed, because when we first ran it, we didn't bother to hook up the pick up for the rpm, therefore I can't show you the graph over rpm. Anyway, this gives you a good idea of what you can expect from putting an Arata system onto your bike, and mapping it. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Just curious, is this guy an amateur racer or club racer or maybe a track junkie? Brand spanking new CBR1000RR making almost 150HP as is, and immediately gets an Arata system and custom mapping to push it to 160HP? Wow :eek: Looks like a very smooth curve :thumb:

Seems kinda like buying a brand new V10 Dodge Viper and immediately investing in a NOS system. :idunno:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks very close to the gains provided by the akra pipe according to their website. Looks like Micron gives the most increase so far (14hp), at least on 1 particular bike.

By the way, how does the map look (what numbers) in the 6K-9K range at 100% throttle?

·
Registered
925 Posts
SuperDave said:
Just curious, is this guy an amateur racer or club racer or maybe a track junkie? Brand spanking new CBR1000RR making almost 150HP as is, and immediately gets an Arata system and custom mapping to push it to 160HP? Wow :eek: Looks like a very smooth curve :thumb:

Seems kinda like buying a brand new V10 Dodge Viper and immediately investing in a NOS system. :idunno:
Hmmmm--seeing as I am doing the exact same thing maybe I can add some clarity.

Stock the RR is about dead even w/a 03 GSXR1 with a pipe/PC--by adding a Arata/PC3--the RR will pull a GSXR/R1/ZX-10.

So if you are racing any non-production class its nice to have the xtra power.

It would be interesting to try it w/o and air filter--as the stockers(s) have a ton of wire mesh on them so they are quite restrictive

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
929Boomer said:
Hmmmm--seeing as I am doing the exact same thing maybe I can add some clarity.

Stock the RR is about dead even w/a 03 GSXR1 with a pipe/PC--by adding a Arata/PC3--the RR will pull a GSXR/R1/ZX-10.

So if you are racing any non-production class its nice to have the xtra power.

It would be interesting to try it w/o and air filter--as the stockers(s) have a ton of wire mesh on them so they are quite restrictive
OK, that seems logical, ie competitive advantage. It would interesting to know how many serious track competitors there are on this site. I doubt I'll ever have the kahonas to be a licensed serious racer.

·
Registered
925 Posts
SuperDave said:
OK, that seems logical, ie competitive advantage. It would interesting to know how many serious track competitors there are on this site. I doubt I'll ever have the kahonas to be a licensed serious racer.
One

BTW--took "top novice" in the AFM Open GP last Sunday on the RR---not that big of a deal--but fun nonetheless

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
929Boomer said:
One

BTW--took "top novice" in the AFM Open GP last Sunday on the RR---not that big of a deal--but fun nonetheless
Not that big of a deal? Dude, that's too cool! Way to go!!! :nworthy3:

·
Registered
661 Posts
SuperDave said:
Two?

It'll happen if you really want it. I did 2 seasons of trackdays to prepare for my first season of racing. I wanted to win, not still learning the basics as a back marker. Got my first victory at RRR last weekend! Several full liters in the class including a new R1, but 'little' hondas finishing 1 & 2 (954 & 929) It was a great feeling!

Ok back to the topic..sorta...what's the wieght difference from the stocker to the Arata? Wishfully hopeing it's 40 lbs? :D Hopefully they drop some weight and get the motor reving quicker....then I'll think about upgrading to the big honda.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Congrats 02FBlade! :thumb: Even the advanced riders at the small track I've been at, scare me with their ability. Total concentration and apparently no fear. Sorry for the threadjack! Back to the Arata numbers... :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can only give torque on the finished run, as like I said, I didn't have the rev pick up on for the stock run. I'll get it on later for you. If you want, I'll overlap the CBR with the R1 I did with the Yosh slip ons. Or just the CBR, up to you.
My mate called me this morning and said you can definately feel the difference in weight. That was the biggest thing. I'm not sure of the numbers but it is a BIG difference. I was sort of dissapointed with the increase, but I won't know how it compares until I start seeing different bikes with different systems. The good thing was, that he said it's still smooth as silk down low (mapping) The fueling was WAY out with the system on it. I'll go back and have a lok at the actual numbers, but I remember at some points, it couldn't pull enough fuel out of it. VERY VERY rich. But other parts were just as lean. It really is all over the place before we mapped it. My mate said " I thought that bike was the smoothest thing I would ever ride, until now" Hahaha

·
Registered
119 Posts
That looks really good Sook, :thumb: thanks for the info. (memo to self, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipedon't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipe, don't need more power, don't need loud pipedon't need more power, don't need loud pipe.....)

Of course you can only dyno comparisons using the the same dyno ie yours we dont need no my dyno reads more than yours posts.

What fuel were you using BP 98?? Have you got Thorstens Airbox yet??

Could you post some photos of the fitted pipe? So far i think that the Yosh is the best looking.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Sook said:
OK, as promised, I've stayed back late to finish my mates CBR1000RR with the system and mapping. The graph is over speed, because when we first ran it, we didn't bother to hook up the pick up for the rpm, therefore I can't show you the graph over rpm. Anyway, this gives you a good idea of what you can expect from putting an Arata system onto your bike, and mapping it. Enjoy.
The gains for the Arata look spot-on to what I am expecting. My pipe came in today and is being installed on my 1000rr with "before" and "after" dynos.

I asked the shop to use Dan's map in the pc3usb, but to clean it up as needed for my individual bike. On the phone today the shop told me the bike dynoed "before" at SAE 145.5rwhp (don't know torque) yet. This is a stingy dyno based on what my 954 pulled and what other bikes have pulled. A new R1 is basically dead even with my 1000rr on this dyno hp wise per the shop--I bet the rr got it in torque though (I will get all the #s and dyno overlays, etc.). I think my 954 was 125.xrwhp stock and 137rwhp with the Arata and pc3 and it was THE strongest 954 dynoed.

On my 954 with the Arata and Dan's map (no changes) I gained 11.xrwhp and 4rwtrq; the gains were everywhere and noticeable (a distinct difference from say Akra which can lose down low and puts most of the gains up top--more of a pure race pipe).

The best '04 R1 the shop has seen with a full system (Graves?--not sure) and pc3usb w/custom map hit 156rwhp.

IMO a gain of more than 12rwhp and 6rwtrq from a street pipe is very suspect; i.e., I doubt it. The manufacturers do a pretty good job wringing out the power stock. In fact, Honda, being relatively conservative tends to leave more hidden power than the others. For example, the Arata did not add too much power to the R1 on Dan's site.

Weight-wise, I believe the difference is 12-15lbs difference (the 600rr Arata saves about 14lbs).

When I have the dyno results and graphs I will open a thread and ask for a link to instructions to post the graphs as thumbnails.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Here is the graph, power and toque at rpm, of the CBR1000RR with Arata system, mapped, vs the 04 R1 with Yosh slip ons and mapped. Col the hole in the middle of the R1...............

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Sook said:
Here is the graph, power and toque at rpm, of the CBR1000RR with Arata system, mapped, vs the 04 R1 with Yosh slip ons and mapped. Col the hole in the middle of the R1...............
Wonder what the hell causes that hole in the midrange....would have thought mapping might have helped a bit more there.....kinda looks like they have race cams in there or something !!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sook-

Any more feedback on how that map looks? In particular, was it taking out a lot of fuel in the 6K-9.5Krpm range at full throttle and adding a lot at light throttle below 6K?. Any specifics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OK, for 100% throttle, and from 1250rpm, in 250 rpm incremements, the map is as follows
The first run at each throttle position was basically a huge slippery dip. Up down up down, and you can see that in the mapping, leaning it out, richenin it up, and so forth. Hope this helps you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts