Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to a bike show yet where Honda will allow spectators to sit on the new Fireblade?

The bars are reportedly 2" lower, with pegs a little higher and set back. However, difference in seat-to-peg and seat-to-bar distances (as in Motorcyclist mag reviews) are not described. The seat height is listed as 32.5" vs. 32.1" for the 954, which could help compensate for higher pegs.

My height is 6'3.5", with 34" inseam and 37" sleeves. I am comfortable on the '02 954, and could probably tolerate lower bars due to arm length if the other ergonomics are as roomy as the 954.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
would you like to see the picture of me on the bike again??? LOL

i'm 6'1 ( approx)

can anyone find the post?? I forgot which one it was. :idunno:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have sit on 1000RR couple of times, I'm 6'3 and 1000RR felt surprisingly comfortable to me. The pegs are indeed noticeably higher than oin my 954, but the ergos seem surprisingly comofortable. Thought first real ride will tell how it really compares to 954, I wouldn't put too much weight on short "cold-test" on a stationary bike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I SAT ON IT LAST WEEK AT THE VANCOUVER BIKE SHOW :thumb: FELT A LOT MORE STRECHED OUT ON IT DEFINITLY A MORE AGGERESSIVE SEATING POSITION, I OWNED A 2001 GSXR 1000 AND THE SEATING POSITION IS QUITE SIMMILAR, THE SEAT IS STILL HARD LIKE THE 954 :huh: THOUGHT THEY WOULD OF ADDRESSED THAT ON THE 1000RR, FOOT PEGS ARE A BIT HIGHER THAN THE 954!! IT'S MORE DESIGNED AS A TRACK BIKE FIRST AND A STREET BIKE SECOND UNLIKE THE 954. DID NOT LIKE THE UNPAINTED LOWER FAIRING :idunno: THE REAR EXIT EXHAUST IS NOT SO COOL LOOKING LIKE THE NEW R1, HONDA SHOULD HAVE FLAIRED IT OUT IT IS JUST THIS SQUARE LOOKING TUBE ,THE R1 LOOKS REALY NICE!!!! THE NEW ZX10R IS A REAL SMALL AND COMPACT BIKE , LAST YEARS 600 LOOKS BIGGER THAN IT, LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING YEAR WITH THE LITRE CLASS BIKES :rotfl:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Machinist said:
I SAT ON IT LAST WEEK AT THE VANCOUVER BIKE SHOW :thumb: FELT A LOT MORE STRECHED OUT ON IT DEFINITLY A MORE AGGERESSIVE SEATING POSITION, I OWNED A 2001 GSXR 1000 AND THE SEATING POSITION IS QUITE SIMMILAR, THE SEAT IS STILL HARD LIKE THE 954 :huh: THOUGHT THEY WOULD OF ADDRESSED THAT ON THE 1000RR, FOOT PEGS ARE A BIT HIGHER THAN THE 954!! IT'S MORE DESIGNED AS A TRACK BIKE FIRST AND A STREET BIKE SECOND UNLIKE THE 954. DID NOT LIKE THE UNPAINTED LOWER FAIRING :idunno: THE REAR EXIT EXHAUST IS NOT SO COOL LOOKING LIKE THE NEW R1, HONDA SHOULD HAVE FLAIRED IT OUT IT IS JUST THIS SQUARE LOOKING TUBE ,THE R1 LOOKS REALY NICE!!!! THE NEW ZX10R IS A REAL SMALL AND COMPACT BIKE , LAST YEARS 600 LOOKS BIGGER THAN IT, LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING YEAR WITH THE LITRE CLASS BIKES :rotfl:
Please turn off the CAPSLOCK button when you post, otherwise people think you are "YELLING".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts