Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
This is something bike manufactorers really should know about by now. Frame sliders are very common, so why do they insist on making us cut holes in our nice fairings? Is it to get another sale for the fairings or something? Seriously, it's just disgusting.

Z...

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
ConqSoft said:
You don't HAVE to cut holes. Just don't use frame sliders, and don't drop the bike, and you'll be fine. :thumb:
Shame about the other 95% of us who will, sooner or later, for one reason or another, end up with the bike getting really tired and deciding that it needs to lay down and have a rest... :nod:

Z...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Zeeman said:
Shame about the other 95% of us who will, sooner or later, for one reason or another, end up with the bike getting really tired and deciding that it needs to lay down and have a rest... :nod:

Z...
Well my bike must be narcoleptic. :smilebig:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zeeman said:
This is something bike manufactorers really should know about by now. Frame sliders are very common, so why do they insist on making us cut holes in our nice fairings? Is it to get another sale for the fairings or something? Seriously, it's just disgusting.

Z...
I dont think they want us to use frame sliders! The more difficult it is to do, the more people wont bother and will just have to shell out for overpriced replacement panels when they drop their bike! Sorry if I sound a little cynical :mad:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Man there are so many reasons popping up to where I would NOT want to buy a 1000 & if I could not get a new 929 (that is impossible I agree) or 954 then when my 929 has to be replaced I will look seriously at some other make of m/c or possibly another model by Honda.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
CBRBob said:
That would be an awfully small slider...... :idunno:

i think that may just be for the Yoyodyne sliders which are a two piece design. that hole would be just big enough for the slider holder and not the threaded slider.

i think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts