Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this screenshot from a Japanese magazine. The front reads "Scoop! CBR1000RR something something 172 something something". I wonder if the second something something is hp. Can anyone translate this? If so, does anyone else have any idea if this magazine has any credibility when it comes to reporting unpublished bike specs? Anyone care to weight in a guess on how much hp the bike will actually have?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
sprint said:
Anyone care to weight in a guess on how much hp the bike will actually have?
I'll "weight" in with a guess that 172 Kilos= 378 lbs, and the magazine was probably bemoaning that..

The rest of the probable "translation"

The misuse of our precious resources by Honda sucks a$$, as the Americans say. By comparison, the new R1 weighs a negative 40 kilos, being made primarily of anti-gravity material. It also never wears out tires for that reason.

American Honda customer (code name BDA116) has uncharacteristically ordered TWO of the new Yamahas , since they'll only cost $1.00 US per horsepower, or roughly $261.00 dollars each.

Mr. 116 was quoted as saying, "This way I can ride one and keep one with me at all times, because the beauty of the butterfly snakeskin beyond all sunset gorgeousness..." (Or something, translation is garbled do to the amount of saliva...)

That's my guess.

:p

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
well, I'll say its 172ps or 172kg. Either would work, but I'd be on the ps figure first...

And yeah, I wore boots, its getting deep in here.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
That was hillarious CBRVFR!! :rotfl:
I too will assume it means 172 HP. And that is without some BS inflated ram-air figure that was pulled out of thin air by the fork makers.
I still stick to the guess I made months ago with Kawasaki leading the power wars followed closely by Honda, then Suzuki and Yamaha picking up the rear.

But I still have my two magic machines on order. You know it will be the squid machine of choice again, so maybe I can sell them on E-bay for a couple grand over what I pay. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
It means HP!

The official Honda numbers just came out. Good news and bad news...

Good news is power: 172 HP

Bad news is the dry weight: 179 kg /395 lbs.

I'll spare you the details of the rest...

-N.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Trackfan said:
172 crank HP translates into 146 or so RWHP. That would be less than a stock 2003 GSX-R 1000?
How come having 8 more hp at the crank for the RR would tranlate into less RWHP then the GSX

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
he is assuming a 15% loss, which is about right.

The 954 had 155 I think, and most were about 132 at the wheel, 15%...

15% loss on 172 is 146. Hell, I'll take that. Too much for me.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
172 crank HP you say? Gee willickers wally, that is the same figure as Yamaha has published without the aid of their ram air assisted bullshit. Notice how Honda didn't publish a hp figure with fuggin RAM AIR included! Close to 150 RWHP, mated to a stabile motorcycle a la 600RR, sign me up. The RC is overweight too, that is because it's a superbike platform also.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Italian text translation?

Anyone of the Italian persuasion have the talent and the inclination to translate (roughly) for the benefit of our membership the following text clipped from Honda Italia? Some of us are dying to learn anything we can about the CBR1000RR.

TIA :cheers:

Dopo avervi deliziato, nei primissimi giorni di settembre, con lo scoop fotografico europeo della CBR1000 RR Fireblade, abbiamo il piacere di essere nuovamente i primi ad annunciare che le “misure” ufficiali della nuova super-Honda sono 172 CV per 179 Kg!

Considerando che il dato dichiarato non si avvale dell’estrogeno “airbox dinamico” – leggasi "manciata di CV oltre i 250 km/h…" – possiamo dire con certezza che le coetanee rivali Yamaha R1 e Kawasaki ZX-10R avranno vita dura.
Confrontando i dati statici, infatti, le potenze sono praticamente identiche, così come i pesi in gioco. Quello che farà la differenza tra le quattro giapponesi, Suzuki GSX-R 1000 compresa, sarà il design e la guidabilità che, a meno di clamorose inversioni di tendenza, sarà sicuramente un asso nella manica della moto “alata”.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
jetbdude said:
Yeah, but assuming 15% for the GSX bring it to 139HP. Or does the GSX has less loss :idunno:
Dunno, I thought it was rated up near 180...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts