Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dyno'd my mates CBR1000RR. It had 900km on it. It made 149h.p at the wheel. (SAE).
I also just finishied mapping an 04 R1 with Yoshi pipes on it. Now, I did a stock bike last week (dyno'd) and it made 159.5 at the wheel. The bike I did today made 156 with the yoshi pipes, and 160 mapped. Now either Yamaha are making R1's with vast differences in h.p, or the Yoshi pipes are doing what they did on the 954, losing power.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll havethe Arata system for that same bike I just dyno'd later in the week. (only 1, coz they can't supply enough,more coming as available). I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Had any ZX10's on the Dyno yet Sook ? I had a ride of a mates last week and the engine felt a bit stronger than the Blades.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a ZX10 booked in waiting for an Arata system and mapping, but until I can get the system out of Japan, I won't know. As soon as I do, I'll post it. Stock they may be a little more up top, but I've ridden one, and down low, under 5, the ZX does jack shit. The R1 I rode yesterday , that had 156 with Yosh slip ons, was just a flighty and nervous bitch compared to the CBR. The guy that owned it was asking me about dampers to replace the stock one, because it just didn't stop the front end shaking enough.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Sook said:
I have a ZX10 booked in waiting for an Arata system and mapping, but until I can get the system out of Japan, I won't know. As soon as I do, I'll post it. Stock they may be a little more up top, but I've ridden one, and down low, under 5, the ZX does jack shit. The R1 I rode yesterday , that had 156 with Yosh slip ons, was just a flighty and nervous bitch compared to the CBR. The guy that owned it was asking me about dampers to replace the stock one, because it just didn't stop the front end shaking enough.
Yeah...the one I rode seemed a bit weakder at slower speeds.....but this has GOT to have something to do with the stupidly high gearing.....I mean when the zx10 is at 5k then the Honda will probably be around 7k already !

·
Registered
208 Posts
mickyboy said:
Yeah...the one I rode seemed a bit weakder at slower speeds.....but this has GOT to have something to do with the stupidly high gearing.....I mean when the zx10 is at 5k then the Honda will probably be around 7k already !

Besides...I'm willing to bet that even if it is doing " jack shit " below 5k....it will still be more than the 929's and 954's !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts